Basic Function: Provides field service on Automation equipment within a specified region in North America for the Pulp and Paper industry.
1. Preventive and Predictive Maintenance of Automation equipment on hardware at customers' locations.
2. Ability to work on a team and assist other service personnel as needed to resolve difficult service-related issues.
3. Ability to demonstrate to customers the value of the services provided by Valmet.
4. Assist with field commissioning on Automation equipment as required.
5. Provide sales support when needed.
6. Assist customers in problem solving at their work sites and by phone.
7. Actively sell spare parts at the customers' work sites while performing service.
8. Routinely contact customers to schedule your visits to the customer work site; determine status of installed equipment and take action to assist in the repair of any failed equipment in the field.
9. Ensure that product managers in Finland and North America are informed of any problems with products.
10. Within one week of each mill visit, prepare a written trip report, expense report, time sheet, and billing form.
11. Visit customers on a routine basis to improve and maintain customer relationships.
12. On occasion provide after-hours emergency service when needed.
13. Performs other duties typical to this position as assigned.
Working Conditions: Works primarily in a mill environment at the customer work site.
Education: 2 year degree or military background in Electrical / Electronics. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical engineering a plus.
Experience: 1+ year experience servicing / troubleshooting Electronics / Electrical / Automation type systems. DCS / QCS / Analyzer Experience a plus.
Knowledge and or experience in the Pulp and Paper process is a plus.
Travel: Travel is required within a specified region and could be expected to consist of approximately 2-3 nights per week.
Overtime Eligibility: Eligible for Overtime.
Other: Maintain a valid driver’s license. Collaborates well but also must work well independently, making decisions often under stressful conditions. Must have the ability to form professional relationships with customers. Written and verbal communication skills are critical and a position requirement. Self-managed and able to set your own daily and weekly priorities with the customers.
We offer you a truly rewarding position with a global industry leader where you’ll truly have an impact on the customer. You'll put your education and experience to good use supporting those who appreciate your efforts.
In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, life insurance, short- and long-term disability and Business Travel Accident Insurance.