We are looking for a Material and Quality Development Manager to be part of our global design team in Fiber Process Technology Unit with strong local role at Valkeakoski foundry.
Your areas of responsibility include
- Leading the design team in Valkeakoski. Prioritizing and planning of pattern design in order to ensure fast, cost-efficient and on time deliveries of new patterns. Active co-operation with Sales, Product Managers and Production is required.
- Participating into development of delivery ability and manufacturing process in order to improve delivery reliability and productivity, and to reduce quality costs.
- Managing of Materials Development and Production Process Development in order to improve refiner segment lifetime and/or refining results. Support Sales on material issus, supporting manufacturing on metallurgical issues.
- Customer claim handling in order to ensure prompt feedback to customer. Plan and ensure corrective actions.
- Ensuring that the requirements of ISO 98001, ISO 14001,OHSAS 18000 standards and Environmental licence are fullfilled. Reporting and maintaining contacts to enviromental authorities.
To be successful in this position, you need to have metallurgy know-how as well as understanding and experience of quality processes, Quality Management Systems and LEAN. You are open minded and able to think out of box. You have proven leadership skills and networking is natural for you. You have the ability to produce results by working collaboratively.
In addition, to succeed in this position, you should have:
- M.Sc. degree in Material Engineering (metallurgy)
- Understanding of foundry production technologies
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience including experience as a Manager
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English and Finnish
|We offer:||We offer you an opportunity to develop your expertize and a possibility to work with a professional and committed team in vibrant global environment.|
For more information about this role, please contact Christer Hedlund, Design Manager, +46 70 560 9161,email@example.com or Sanna Hakala, Manager, Production, +358 40 512 9139, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply by 26.11.2017 by filling out our application form and submitting your CV via the link provided.
Valmet Finland is a smoke free workplace.