We are looking for a Automation Lead Engineer for Turbine projects. Your main tasks will be to design turbine system applications and test and commission the product in the power plants all over the world. Significant part of the role is to work on customers' sites. Design, testing and commission according to project procedures will be part of your responsibilities. Depending on the skills and experience of selected candidate, leading the group of designers in project engineering and site functions can be part of the role.
You will be a member of DNA DCS team in Valmet Automation project organization.
You have an educational background and/or extensive work experience in relevant technology area and/or automation. You should have knowledge of the following
* suitable educational background (B.Sc or M.Sc from related field, e.g. Electrical or Automation)
* gas and/or steam turbine working principles and thermodynamics
* turbine related mechanical work and hydraulics
* vibration analysis and diagnostics
* willingness to work and to design with Valmet DNA automation system application tools
* interest to learn more about quality assurance processes
* Finnish and English, both written and spoken. Other languages are plus
* good team working skills
* ability to work under pressure
* right attitude towards safety is vital in this position
* readiness to travel and be on site for longer periods too.
We offer you a global professional network, work with well-known brand and interesting and challenging position in global project organization. You will have the possibility to develop yourself and together with other professionals, take our customers’ business forward.
For more information about this position, please contact Hermanni Välimaa, Engineering Manager (+358 50 583 6306, firstname.lastname@example.org). Please send your application with your CV and salary request by 25th October 2017.
Valmet Finland is a smoke-free workplace.