When everything works together
Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 12,000 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers’ performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how – and above all, teamwork.
Purpose: Based at our client's prestigious modern paper making facility in Partington, near Manchester, you will be required to support high quality and efficient daily maintenance operations and ensuring mill reliability and the mill availability.
- Observe and promote best practice safety, health and environment regimes
- Develop and implement condition monitoring activities and practices
- Collect and analyse condition monitoring data
- Maintain condition monitoring tools and software
- Ensure calibration of condition monitoring tools and maintained in good working condition
- Report and plan corrective actions for condition monitoring tools
- preventative and corrective maintenance tasks as appropriate
- Troubleshooting activities
- Identify asset failures based on condition monitoring measurements and tools
- Evaluate asset failure severity and estimate expected asset life time based on measurements
- Consult and inform areas of failure severity and required action
- Recommend and prioritise findings and required actions to all areas
– Ensure that specialist Responsibles understand condition of the assets in relevant area
– Collection of failure database of findings and failures (before and after maintenance)
– Investigate and analyse changed components to understand root cause of the failure
– Support root cause investigations, when required
– Communication and consultation with production teams of assets condition
– Ensure production line reliability
– Report all activities to Maximo
– Support areas and other maintenance teams as needed
– Condition monitoring reporting (including monthly reporting, failure reporting, etc.)
– Create and maintain long term strategy for condition monitoring activities at the mill
– Coordination and co-operation of external specialists within responsible area
- Formal qualification in a relevant engineering discipline
- Preferably 5-years working experience of relevant discipline maintenance operations
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in condition monitoring and vibration analysis
- Good knowledge of condition monitoring analysis software
- Experience in thermography and IR-image analyses (thermos cameras and analysis software)
- Experience of oil analysis
- Good Microsoft Office software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Basic CMMS (Maximo) PM knowledge
- Understanding of paper making or similar process
- Good English language skills, spoken and written
Competitive salary and benefits.
Modern and advanced paper making plant and equipment.
Good working environment.
Safety and relevant technical training provided as appropriate.
Opportunities for career development.
Strong winning team working ethos.
|Additional information:||You will be involved in a call-out rota when fully competent for which there will be additional reward. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Kevin Lusher on 01254 819037. To apply for this position, please complete our on-line application form including your CV and salary expectations by 27 October 2017.|