|Location:||OH, MI, IN, KY, or TN|
Basic Function: Under direction, responsible for achieving assigned revenue goals by developing sales programs and obtaining orders from customers in territories assigned. Accountable for the sale of all Automation products and services as defined by the Automation NA Management Team to new and existing customer accounts. Coordinates and participates in the product, project engineering and field service support work that are required for the sales to be developed.
1) Evaluates the immediate sales potential of the assigned accounts within the territory; working with the Director, plans and develops the sales approach and program:
a) Studies assigned accounts to determine all possible sales potential.
b) Working with the Director, plans and executes the sales strategy based on sales potential.
c) Keeps self and management informed concerning new developments at accounts that might alter sales efforts.
2) Develops and maintains necessary customer contacts and promotes the use of Valmet AUT products and services as defined by the AUT-NA Management Team:
a) Makes calls on key customer representatives to promote products and services and to acquaint them with the entire Valmet Automation offering.
b) Develops and implements sales presentations, providing solutions to the customer’s process and quality measurement and control needs.
c) Consults with customer and arranges for all necessary technical assistance to aid on particularly complex adaptations or where new methods are required.
d) Ensures that prospective business opportunities that require expertise in other Valmet businesses are communicated to the appropriate division sales personnel.
3) Closes the sale personally, providing any technical, sales, and service assistance necessary. May use the Sales Director or designate as may be necessary:
a) All pricing and all proposals are prepared according to established procedures, which includes utilization of Solution and Proposal Managers, other appropriate Technical and Product Support capabilities (e.g. Operations and Service personnel), proper placement of quotes and other sales documents, visit reports and other information in the databases, etc.
b) Provides customer with assistance in the preparation of specifications, preferably from initial planning stages, and endeavors to sell Valmet’s total capability.
c) Prepares quotations based on the competitive situation. In conjunction with the Director, will use Valmet management resources on high level sales calls.
4) Working with the Director, provides customers and prospective customers with all possible technical and professional assistance in process management and control equipment problems in order to build potential sales.
a) Evaluates and pursues new business opportunities to enhance territory growth.
b) Evaluates the competitive situation and develops strategies to improve Valmet’s position in the territory.
5) Provides customers with continuing service and maintains profitable relationships:
a) Serves as liaison between customers and Valmet on any problems that arise.
b) Check and follow-up during project implementation to ensure that the application package works according to sales specifications.
c) Periodically checks with service personnel to ensure that system performance is appropriate. If system adjustments are necessary, follows through to notify appropriate product, project or service personnel.
6) Keeps informed concerning changes and additions to Valmet products and services, new applications, competitors’ products and prices.
7) Prepares and maintains all necessary records and reports:
a) Ensures weekly completion, review, updates and submission of Sales Plans in the Sales Card
b) Ensures weekly completion and submission of Call Reports for each sales call by Friday
c) Ensures expense reports are completed and submitted on a regular basis.
d) Ensures non-worked time is reported in the Time Reporting section of the TER database every two weeks.
8) Responsible for the quality of all work performed, including work processes, methodologies and output.
9) Perform other duties typical to this position as assigned.
Works primarily in an office or in a mill environment at the customer work site.
Education: B.S. Degree in Chemical, Electrical (EET or EE), or P&P Engineering Technology.
Other Technical Training and Experience will be considered.
Experience: Five years progressive application and sales experience in the pulp and paper industry. Paper mill or
Industrial Process knowledge will be a plus.
Travel: 75% typically with travel within Region but travel may be international on occasion.
Other: Maintain a valid driver’s license. Collaborates well and must work independently. Often must make decisions in stressful conditions. Ability to form professional, profitable relationships with customers. Excellent negotiation and communication skills are crucial. Hands-on position requiring self-managed style and ability to routinely organize priorities. Schedules the time and travel resources of co-workers appropriately and wisely. Positive attitude for change required.
We offer you a truly rewarding position with a global industry leader where you’ll truly have an impact on the customer. You'll put your education and experience to good use supporting those who appreciate your efforts.
In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, life insurance, short- and long-term disability and Business Travel Accident Insurance.