|Business line:||North America|
|Location:||Niagara Falls, NY|
We have an immediate need for a hands-on, self-motivated Electrical & Automation Team Leader. This position works within the Greenpac Mill which is a new state-of-the-art containerboard mill located in Niagara Falls, NY. It is a one of a kind project in the North American Packaging Industry.
We’re looking for candidates who are interested in taking ownership for setting and achieving high standards, who can bring together a group of people for a common purpose, and are committed to providing outstanding customer support. The ideal candidate’s experience in maintenance processes and preventative maintenance will help to ensure the continuous implementation of world class maintenance practices at the mill.
• Manage the mill team of electrical technicians and automation engineers to perform predictive and preventive maintenance works, as well as corrective and break-ins.
o Will be responsible for the area’s automation and electrical availability and development. Has direct influence to set the team’s targets and how they are achieved. Controls that electrical safety is followed.
• Manage the mill automation technology and development of the automation maintenance process.
• Decides shut down works in cooperation with production, mechanical team leader, and technical service leaders.
• Participates in the RCA process for unplanned breaks, shut-downs and is responsible for action plans for automation or electrical issues or faults.
• Informs maintenance manager of all items that could impact safety, availability, or cost beyond the normal range.
• Has responsibility over team’s operative maintenance functions below:
o Works are addressed and work quality is checked.
o Weekly PM routes have been done and findings reported and, if possible, corrected.
|Requirements:||To be successful in Valmet Mill Maintenance the preferred candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering, automation or related field, and 5 years of experience in an industrial maintenance or engineering environment. Understanding of Siemens PCS7 and/or Step 7 a plus. Supervisory experience within a heavy industrial manufacturing setting is preferred.|
We offer you a truly rewarding position with a global industry leader where you’ll truly have an impact on the customer. You'll put your education and experience to good use supporting those who appreciate your efforts.
In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, life insurance, short- and long-term disability and Business Travel Accident Insurance.
Valmet also offers a comprehensive relocation package.
Valmet is a global company giving you the chance to work with colleagues from across North America and around the word. We are always looking forward – if this opportunity sounds like a fit for you, then we’re excited about receiving your resume.
Please contact Lori Kohl, Regional HR Manager, for questions related to this position.