|Location:||to be negotiated, Europe|
Are you our next Turbine Systems Automation wizard? We are now looking for a Senior Specialist to support and develop new and existing gas turbine automation products and related services for Valmet.
You will provide technical support in Europe for turbine sales cases, where you will be acting as a specialist with extensive knowledge on turbine systems. One important area of your job will be performing site studies and audits, together with other disciplines, to analyze the installed machinery on site and convert it to basic material for customer proposal. You are the person that converts the wishes and requirements of the customer into technical specifications and quotations.
Developing and maintaining technical specifications for turbine products is part of your role, as is supporting our operations department during commissioning. We aim to grow in service business, thus your expertice and interest will be needed also in this area. You share your know-how through giving training to and presentations for other departments.
This is a role where you get to work with many stakeholders both internally and externally - product manager, development team, R&D and operations to mention just a few.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
* solid knowledge of turbine working principles and thermodynamics
* extensive knowledge of turbine hydraulic systems
* experience in mechanical work on gas turbines
* knowledge and experience on auxiliary systems related to the gas turbines
* knowledge and experience with combustion dynamics
* knowledge of vibration analysis and diagnostics
* good presentation and communication skills
* ability to handle pressure and tight schedules
* fluency in English, verbal and written. German is considered an asset
* willingness to travel abroad
* willingness to work in a global environment plus ability to successfully navigate and influence in the sometimes complex matrix environment
We offer you an opportunity to grow together with one of the market leading companies in energy, pulp and paper business.
You will have a global professional network to work with, and a lot of interesting projects to be involved in.
This position can be located in one of our main locations in Europe.
If this sounds like something you are looking for and you are ready to go forward on your career, apply soon but no later than Dec 17th.
In case of any further questions about the position, please contact Tiina Stenvik, Director Plant Performance Solutions, tel. +358 40 821 6886.