Basic Function: Provides site service on QCS (Quality Control Systems) and DCS (Distributed Control Systems)
Performs Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Maintenance, Problem Resolution
1. Works mainly at one customer site location.
2. Performs hardware / mechanical / computer maintenance on QCS / DCS systems.
3. Performs calibration checks with paper samples
4. Resolves failures of the systems
5. Performs computer system backups and maintains records of all changes to the system.
6. Works alongside Mill Employees acting as a team to resolve problems quickly.
7. Be on-call and capable of providing after hours emergency service when needed working with the 24 / 7 Help Desk
8. Ability to utilize a computer to remotely connect to the systems to troubleshoot.
9. Maintains detail records of all work performed.
10. Manages spare parts at site.
11. Attends meetings at the mill site as part of a team
12. Able to work without direct supervision
13. Must have a positive attitude
14. Performs other duties typical to this position as assigned.
Working Conditions: Works primarily in a mill environment at the customer work site.
Education: Associates degree in science discipline or two years electronics, electrical or instrumentation discipline or 3 years military experience.
Experience: Pulp and Paper experience a plus
A solid mechanical aptitude is required with some basic understanding of electricity, electronics and computers.
Travel: 5%. Travel is typically within a NA region but can be international.
Overtime Eligibility: Receives 1.5 times hourly pay in excess of 40 hours per week
Other: Maintain a valid driver’s license. Collaborates well but also must work well independently, making decisions often under stressful conditions. Must have the ability to form professional relationships with customers. Written and verbal communication skills are critical and a position requirement. Self-managed and able to set your own daily and weekly priorities with the customers.
We offer you a rewarding position with a global industry leader where you'll have the chance to put your education and experience to good use.
In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation, company holidays, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and Business Travel Accident Insurance.