|Business line:||North America|
|Location:||Appleton, WI or Duluth, GA|
Responsible for supporting the achievement of business targets for the Stock Preparation segment of the Paper business line. We're looking for someone who knows and understands the technology involved in the stock preparation process - ideally with knowledge of Valmet's technology, its strengths and weaknesses both technically and commercially, the application of it in meeting our customer's needs, and the latest product developments.
* Meet with our customers to learn their business needs, present Valmet's technology and capabilities, and jointly develop satisfactory solutions to help their business and ours.
* Proposal development including scope definition, specification, performance guarantees, costing and pricing.
* Cooperative proposal development with Technology Managers, other Product Managers, Application Engineers and Sales Managers.
* Serves as the lead interface to Engineering and Project Management for sold projects to ensure adherence to the as-sold project contract.
* Follow project start-up and interact with the customer and internal resources to ensure project goals and guarantees are met.
* Review of completed project results with respect to both technical success and profitability, and changing application norms as appropriate for future projects.
* Serves as the lead product technical resource in NA for both external and internal customers.
* Stay abreast of competitors' products and activities.
* Provide feedback on product development needs to R&D.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Paper Science from four-year college or university; preferred minimum of three to five years technical experience in a similar position within the paper industry or a related industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Please note that any offer of employment is contingent upon a background check and drug screen.
We offer you a rewarding position with a global industry leader where you'll have the chance to put your education and experience to good use.
In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation, company holidays, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and Business Travel Accident Insurance.
|Additional information:||The hiring manager for this position is Hanna Jokinen, Business Manager Paper Machine BU. You may also contact Cindy Reinhart, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.|