|Business line:||North America|
With a background in Electrical Engineering, you are the key to ensuring that the equipment purchased by our customers operates as intended through the development of the PLC and Human Machine Interface software. Your technical skills will be used to test software modifications prior to equipment delivery. Your talents will also be used in the field where you’ll participate in start-up activities at the customers’ site, which includes checkout of electrical, PLC and HMI as well as commissioning of equipment to ensure specifications are met.
Customer Project Work:
* Direct and be responsible for project engineering work of complete projects or assigned sections.
* Reference selection and utilization based on as sold documents.
* Develop project flowsheets, instrument lists, instrument spec sheets, wiring diagrams, panel drawings, logic drawings, functional descriptions.
* Issue Request for Quotations for instruments & panels.
* Lead or support Factory Acceptance Tests.
* Participate in the checkout & startup of equipment at customer site.
* Project planning, target setting, scheduling and follow-up.
* Assist with model development.
* Provide input for system and process improvement.
* Participate in technology improvement through feedback to the engineering center and supervisors.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field from four-year college or university; three to five years' experience in heavy industry, paper industry preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with logic flow diagrams, PLC programming and functional descriptions required.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Please note that any offer of employment is contingent upon a background check and drug screen.
|We offer:||In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, short- and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, and Business Travel Accident Insurance.|