|Business line:||North America|
Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together to produce great results. We're looking for a Manufacturing Engineer at our Beloit location to be responsible for determining the most effective ways to create a product or service within the facility. Will develop ways to increase productivity, maximize efficiency, and manage human capital more effectively.
• Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
• Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
• Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
• Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
• Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
• Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering, BSIE or Manufacturing Engineering, or related field; a minimum of two years’ of manufacturing experience; or 2 year Technical Degree plus 5 years’ experience relative to manufacturing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proficient in AutoCAD and MS Office Suite of products. Strong background in Lean Manufacturing preferred.
In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, short- and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, and Business Travel Accident Insurance.