|Business line:||North America|
Are you a dynamic skilled Project Leader looking to increase your ability in large and complex projects? Projects at Valmet bring the challenge. In this position you will Manage projects for profitability, on time deliveries, and customer satisfaction from the time of the sale to the end of the warranty period.
Please see below for more detailed duties, responsibilities, and requirements for the job.
• Review project proposals or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
• Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
• Participate to lead project meetings, including but not limited to project engineering kickoff and customer kickoff, and any project coordination meetings.
• Provide technical assistance to sales, engineering, and application engineers.
• Assure sufficient and accurate communication within project team, with customer and with vendors. Act as main customer contact person.
• Run projects following Valmet's quality manual and practices (schedules, paper work, cost control, meetings, purchasing). Design reviews; ISO 9000 requirements.
• Review inquiry with sales manager and the customer to make sure that our quotation meets the customer's real need. (As-sold, Terms, Conditions).
• Adhere to the documented scope of delivery, and/or adjust contracts to match customers required scope changes.
• Resolve and document scope of work and/or technical details to our customer/client satisfaction.
• Follow project costs, providing periodic profit projections. Act on variances.
• Follow-up the project through the warranty period.
• In projects involving products manufactured by other Valmet units, serve as liaison between supplier and customer.
• 30% travel is required.
|Requirements:||Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; Mechanical Engineering preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have at least 3 years experience managing projects in the Pulp and Paper industry, and/or heavy industrial equipment installations.|
|We offer:||We not only offer a comprehensive benefit and salary package that competes with the best of the best, but we also believe in developing and engaging our employees.|