|Business line:||North America|
|Location:||Niagara Falls, NY|
Valmet Corporation is a leading global developer and supplier of services and technologies for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our 11,000 professionals around the world work close to our customers and are committed to moving our customers’ performance forward – every day.
We have an immediate need for a hands-on, self-motivated Junior Automation Engineer. This position works within the Greenpac Mill which is a new state-of-the-art containerboard mill located in Niagara Falls, NY. It is a one of a kind project in the North American Packaging Industry.
We’re looking for candidates who are interested in taking ownership for setting and achieving high standards, who can bring together a group of people for a common purpose, and are committed to providing outstanding customer support. The ideal candidate’s experience in maintenance processes and preventative maintenance will help to ensure the continuous implementation of world class maintenance practices at the mill.
• Responsible for the production line’s troubleshooting and optimization within Siemens PCS7, Step 7, S120/G120 drives and Profibus.
• Provide support for production line availability and remain updated on the appropriate SAP system statuses and production reports.
• Observe the processes in the field. In the event of a malfunction or abnormality in the machine, the engineer will perform corrective actions or create notifications/work orders for shut down planning.
• Meet regularly with operators to collect comments or observations and work closely in cooperation with the production coordinators and fellow EAI team members to ensure production and machine availability.
• Perform configuration changes in cooperation with production and reports what has been done.
• Conduct bumps in the process to tune and optimize control loops.
• When necessary, perform hydraulic troubleshooting and preventative maintenance works.
• Assist on-site Greenpac and Valmet maintenance and production personnel.
• Responsible for procuring quotes and completing purchase requests for needed spare parts.
To be successful in Valmet Mill Maintenance the preferred candidate will have an Associate’s Degree in an electrical related field, and preferably 1 year of experience in an industrial production environment. Knowledge with Siemens PCS7/Step 7, Valmet DNA, and/or SAP is a plus.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Please note that any offer of employment is contingent upon a background check and drug screen.
We offer you a truly rewarding position with a global industry leader where you’ll truly have an impact on the customer. You'll put your education and experience to good use supporting those who appreciate your efforts.
In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, life insurance, short- and long-term disability and Business Travel Accident Insurance.
Valmet also offers a comprehensive relocation package.
As Valmet is truly a global company you’ll have the chance to work with colleagues from across North America and around the word. Valmet is always looking forward – if this opportunity sounds like a fit for you, then we’re excited about receiving your resume.
Please contact Lori Kohl, Regional HR Manager, for questions related to this position.