|Business line:||North America|
As Product Manager you'll provide guidance and technical expertise for our Mill Improvements business with focus on the Dryer Section. You’ll work closely with customers to offer technical support, explore and understand their needs, and develop solutions that improve their processes and production capabilities. To achieve this, you'll work cooperatively with Valmet's Technology Managers, other Product Managers, Application Engineers and our Sales professionals.
* Knows and understands Valmet's technology both technically and commercially, understands the application of it in meeting our customer's needs, and is current on the latest product developments.
* Works on proposal development including scope definition, specification, performance guarantees, costing and pricing.
* Serves as the lead interface to Engineering and Project Management for sold projects to ensure adherence to the as-sold project contract.
* Follows project start-up and interacts with the customer and internal resources to ensure project goals and guarantees are met.
* Review of completed project results with respect to both technical success and profitability, and changing application norms as appropriate for future projects.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering from four-year college or university; minimum of three to five years technical experience in a similar position within the paper industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A basic knowledge Valmet's dryer technology preferred.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Please note that any offer of employment is contingent upon a background check and drug screen.
In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, short- and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, and Business Travel Accident Insurance. We also offer options like a Fitness Reimbursement, required safety equipment, Tuition Reimbursement and other benefits.