1. Develop and implement Local IP strategy to efficiently operate Valemt’s IP assets (patents, trademarks and know-how/trade secrets)
2. Direct local IP enforcement and prosecution,
3. Evaluate, advice on and direct IP infringement and invalidation actions (patents, trademarks)
4. Assist in patent applications and trademark registrations
5. Monitor Chinese IP activities in all areas of interest to Valmet
6. Draft IP documents such as licensing agreements, technology transfer agreements etc.
7. Instruct, coordinate and supervise patent/trademark attorneys in China
8. Provide internal training
9. Lead and manage IP team (patent engineers) in China
1. Work complexity and business impact:
2. Works independently to complete given assignments and projects, dealing with demanding legal activities for assigned unit(s).
3. Guides and influences others within own area of expertise.
4. May supervise a team of specialists.
5. Geographical scope: national/regional
6. Typical minimum relevant experience required: 5-8 years