|Business line:||Pulp and Energy|
We are looking for a Category Purchase Manager to manage and create a competitive supplier base for following categories: Assemblies, Machined components, Castings and Forgings, Plate work and Kiln drive.
As a Category Purchase Manager you work in a very close cooperation with different teams, across areas and functions, within Valmet P&E business line.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- defining category strategy, priorities, time schedules and action plans together with the Procurement team members
- defining and ensuring implementation of long term cost saving targets for the category
- global sourcing for the category
- optimizing the existing supplier base
- building sufficient supplier base to guarantee availability in order to support profitable growth
- contract management including contract negotiations
- supplier relationship management and supplier development
- resolution of supplier related issues for unresolved issues within the category
- support sales and cost estimation in Sales Phase, sourcing of new market areas and suppliers
- participate on separately agreed development projects
To be successful in this position you need to be result and business driven and have experience of team leadership and negotiations. Machine manufacturing industry, product knowledge and hands-on experience in similar sourcing role in an international environment including experience from CCC business environment and supplier base is an advantage.
You have a suitable education, preferably a technical or commercial university degree, other degrees with extensive relevant work experience are also possible. Ideally, you have been working with rotary kiln industry and if not then you are not worried about having a steep learning curve.
Your personal characteristics include strong communication and intercultural negotiation skills. You have co-operative attitude and genuine drive and desire to make success within Valmet. Fluent English, both written and oral, is essential.
The position requires some travelling due to global partners and suppliers.
Your location will be in Copenhagen.
|We offer:||On offer is an opportunity to join an enthusiastic team of about 33 highly experienced and committed colleagues in Copenhagen plus many more worldwide. With you, we will be 5 in Procurement. You will work in a global business setting where you will be able to contribute to the company’s success, enjoy rewarding challenges and further develop and broaden your personal and professional skills. Valmet continues to develop our successful lime kiln business so join us and embark on an exciting journey in a dynamic and agile environment.|
For further information about the position please contact Carsten Brunstrøm, Senior Manager, Copenhagen Supply Center +45 6023 8827.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact Cecilia Romö, HR, Cecilia.email@example.com.
Please fill out our electronic application form through our website as soon as possible but no later than 21:th of May 2017.