To provide timely support for sales, development and design engineering which is necessary for specifying and designing all process related components and features of Valmet’s equipment.
• Responsible for all process performance design issues including production capacity, drying capacity, temperature and velocity distribution, run ability, and steady state and transient control of systems.
• Performs system start ups and verifies the performance of the equipment especially as it relates to contracted and guaranteed performance issues. Start-ups may require extended travel time. Writes reports on field verification results.
• Ensures that delivered equipment meets all contracted performance guarantees and requirements and that the equipment is fit for its intended use in the customer’s process.
• Determines the process specifications and design for assigned proposals and projects by utilizing computer programs, process simulations, classical analytic methods, etc. These specifications must reflect the best technical and cost effective solutions possible.
• Responsible for the process specifications and design of assigned projects and to provide this information to Design Engineering in a timely fashion.
• Advises the sales support staff or application engineering of the customer information needed to determine process specifications.
• Designs and conducts laboratory tests as required to determine process specifications.
• Supervises/conducts lab tests requested by the application engineer.
• Documents lab tests and process work and maintains organized records.
• Develops and documents process and design engineering standards.
• Performs field surveys and engineering studies, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the customer.
• Provides feedback from the field in the form of a written report to support continuing improvements in design.
• Travels internationally with little or no advanced notice.
• Climbs and accesses machinery for inspection, adjustment and data gathering.
• Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited institution.
• One to three years’ experience in a related field with emphasis on thermal sciences or paper making.
• Working knowledge of PC based programming and engineering application programs.
• Advanced engineering mathematics, thermodynamics and fluid mechanics.
• Must be able to logically and scientifically apply advanced engineering principles to a wide variety of problems using both verbal and nonverbal (formulas, data, graphs, statistics, etc.) information.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Please note that any offer of employment is contingent upon a background check and drug screen.
|We offer:||In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, short- and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, and Business Travel Accident Insurance.|