Working together with the business lines, sales, product groups, engineering, and project management personnel, our Design Engineers design, develop and document various system elements which make up our products. This role ensures that designs meet customer performance expectations, process and structural requirements, as well as our internal goals for product quality, safety and cost.
* Effectively manages design hours, budgets and other engineering activities to ensure work is completed on time and within budget.
* Provides structural calculations to structural engineer for verification and provides design leadership on small projects.
* Utilizes existing designs, standards and practices so project costs are reduced, lead times are shortened and manufacturing issues minimized.
* Assists in in preparation of Operation and Maintenance Manuals and the development of universally acceptable design and drafting standards.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil Engineering or related engineering discipline.
* Minimum of two years design experience in a similar manufacturing business.
* Must have a working knowledge of AutoCAD and must possess computer skills using application software.
* Knowledge of heavy sheet metal fabrication technologies is preferred.
* Able to work independently and effectively with all levels of organization.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Please note that any offer of employment is contingent upon a background check and drug screen.
|We offer:||In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, short- and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, and Business Travel Accident Insurance.|
|Additional information:||Please contact Robin Hinkle, Regional HR Manager, for questions related to this position.|