|Business line:||North America|
Valmet Corporation is a leading global developer and supplier of services and technologies for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our 11,000 professionals around the world work close to our customers and are committed to moving our customers’ performance forward – every day.
Aiken, SC Roll Shop is looking for an individual who will to manage all facility activities involving maintenance and engineering, for machines and equipment, building and grounds, and utilities.
• Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment, and in maintenance of buildings, grounds, and utility systems of mill, industrial plant, or other establishment.
• Determines work priorities. Schedules repair, maintenance and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
• Coordinates activities of workers, vendors and contractors fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products.
• Directs maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, steam, electrical power, gas, or air required for operations.
• Develops preventive maintenance program in conjunction with engineering and maintenance staff.
• Reviews productions, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
• Inspects operation machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
• Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operation costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
• Reviews new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modifications with design engineers.
• Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations.
• Directs training and indoctrination of workers to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company policies and procedures.
• Confers with management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
• Confers with workers’ representative to resolve grievances.
• Prepares department budget and monitors expenditure of funds in budget.
• Ability to negotiate with key suppliers on major projects is required.
• Experience with machine programming and drive set-up in addition to preventive maintenance systems.
To be succesful in this position you will also be supervising and directing work, training, assigning and directing employees; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. A Bachelor's degree from a four year college or University is preferred; or Associate's degree in related field from two-year college; four to six years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
In addition you possess the following characteristics/skills:
- You - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer software proficient as it pertains to successful performance of the job. Familiarity w/Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, both in verbal and written format
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to solve problems fast
- Willingness to work as team member
- Be self directed and motivated
- Take initiate to identify and anticipate customer needs and make recommendations for implementation
- Must be flexible and available for emergency equipment failure
|We offer:||In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, short and long-term disability, company paid life insurance and business travel accident insurance.|