|Business line:||North America|
Responsible for selling paper machine clothing and technically supporting these products on the machines, which include application specification, inspection, installation, and inventory/consignment analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Secures orders from existing and potential customers by means of visiting the customer facility and other communication within assigned accounts.
• Secures opportunities to quote on customer requirements within assigned accounts.
• Follows up on quotations submitted to customers within assigned accounts.
• Establishes professional relationships with appropriate customer personnel (purchasing, operations, quality assurance, mill management, etc.).
• Performs field service, data collection, and support for customer with respect to paper machine clothing.
• Performs minor equipment audits, and inventory audits, in support of customer contracts/agreements.
• Submits weekly activity/call reports concerning customer related activities for quotes, orders, and issues relative to customer/vendor relationship.
• Provides a territory sales forecast/budget for assigned accounts.
• Provides competitor analysis within assigned accounts.
• Assist in collection of accounts receivable.
• Assist in data collection/distribution of marketing/sales/product launch/
• Performs all other assigned duties within assigned accounts.
Travel is required for this job.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Paper Science from four-year college or university; or equivalent Paper Mill experience is preferred.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Bilingual spoken and written (French and English)
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must have a valid driver’s license.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Excellent organizational skills
Deep knowledge of papermaking process, paper machinery design and manufacturing.
Valmet offers you a rewarding position with a global industry leader where you'll have the chance to put your education and experience to good use. As a global industry leader you'll have the ability to work with and learn from colleagues from across North America and around the world.
In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a pension plan,paid vacation, company holidays, company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability, and Business Travel Accident Insurance.
|Additional information:||This job has no supervisory responsibilities.|