Basic Function: Provides field service on Automation equipment within a specified region in North America for the Pulp and Paper industry.
1. Preventive and Predictive Maintenance of Electro-mechanical Automation equipment in an assigned geographical area.
2. Ability to work on a team and assist others.
3. Ability to troubleshoot failures of electro/mechanical equipment utilizing logical reasoning and sound judgement.
4. Perform repairs utilizing basic hand tools.
5. Utilize computers to troubleshoot Automation equipment.
6. Assist customers in problem solving at their worksites and by phone.
7. Prepare formal trip reports explaining the problem and solution.
8. Routinely contact customers to schedule your visits to the customer worksite.
9. Communicate with the management team weekly.
10. Manage your contracts with the customers.
11. Visit customers on a routine basis to improve and maintain customer relationships.
12. Be on-call and capable of providing after hours emergency service when needed.
13. Performs other duties typical to this position as assigned.
Working Conditions: Works primarily in a mill environment at the customer work site.
Education: 2 year degree or military background in Electrical / Electronics. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical engineering a plus.
Experience: 1+ year experience servicing / troubleshooting Electronics / Electrical / Automation type systems. DCS / QCS / Analyzer Experience a plus.
Good knowledge of utilizing computers along with SW such as Microsoft’s Office products.
Knowledge and or experience in the Pulp and Paper process is a plus.
Travel: 75%. Travel is typically during weekdays only but an occasional weekend visit may be required. Travel is typically within a NA region.
Overtime Eligibility: Eligible for Overtime.
Other: Maintain a valid driver’s license. Collaborates well but also must work well independently, making decisions often under stressful conditions. Must have the ability to form professional relationships with customers. Written and verbal communication skills are critical and a position requirement. Self-managed and able to set your own daily and weekly priorities with the customers.
In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, short- and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, and Business Travel Accident Insurance.