|Location:||Home-based, covering South of England|
We are recruiting for a skilled Systems and Applications Engineer to join our Energy and Process Solutions (EPS) Customer Support Team in order to provide industry leading support services to our UK&I install base.
The Energy and Process Solutions (EPS) Group of Valmet Automation provides total power plant and power process automation and control solutions. These solutions utilize the Group’s high technology DCS, Information Management and Machine Condition and Runnability Monitoring Systems. Reporting to the Service Team Leader, you will be field based, working from home, in the South of England in this front line customer facing role. Being highly motivated, with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to form and maintain working relationships with customer at all levels is therefore a pre-requisite.
You will at all times adhere to regulatory and company health, safety and environmental policy and, as this is a customer facing role, will be required to positively influence the Valmet reputation by displaying a professional dedication toward customer service. You will be involved in the delivery of projects, maintenance and breakdown services to Valmet’s UK install base customers, primarily within the Power Generation sector but also from Process industries, Paper Making, Minerals and the Marine sector.
Whilst primarily employed to look after Valmet’s growing install base in NE England there will be necessity to travel within the UK, and occasionally within the EU, with resulting time away from home. Ideally you will have a broad range of experience and knowledge of DCS (SCADA/PLC), Safety Instrumented Systems, Information Management (Database/SQL), Machine Control or Condition Monitoring. You will provide routine and on demand customer service including maintenance / inspection of automation systems, which will include providing periodic out of hours ‘On-Call’ emergency support. At other times you may be deployed within our Operations Team to provide commissioning support on large scale capital projects.
• Ability to plan and work independently and efficiently in the delivery of service projects
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant Engineering discipline.
• 3 years’ work experience with; Automation Systems, DCS, PLC/SCADA, SRS
• Valid driving license
• Strong understanding of IT concepts including Networks, Security and Operating Systems
• Ability to generate/modify DCS/SIS application software to fulfil customer requirements/specifications
• Ability to design/modify DCS/SIS system configuration in order to fulfil required specifications.
• Provide detailed project/service documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
• Ability to effectively outline, promote and recommend the company’s products/ services and solutions to provide for the long-term operation/improvement of customer processes
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with customers at all levels
• Experience of Valmet DNA DCS
• Experience of Hima Safety Instrumented System
• Functional Safety
|We offer:||Competitive salary and benefits package, including leased car or car allowance|
|Additional information:||Please contact Brian Croal, Service Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information|