1. Be responsible for machining and assembly process development and improvement in DL.
2. Propose, implement and follow up action plans and department KPIs in terms of machining and assembly efficiency development.
3. Be responsible for continuously improving DL’s machining and assembly efficiency by carrying out trials to verify the new methods, including but not limited to developing toolings, adjusting machining parameters, modifying machining process flow.
4. Study and develop machining and assembly processes for new products before getting them normalized and standardized.
5. Maintain, optimize and update DL’s machining and assembly capabilities and capacity based on machining limits of lathes and head count.
6. Manage and maintain toolings for machining and assembly development.
7. Be responsible for root cause analysis and corrective/preventive actions compilation when there are problems related to machining and assembly.
8. Propose and manage investment projects created intended for machining and assembly development, participate in the investment projects proposed in PAP level and lead them at DL’s behest.
9. Compile and maintain instructions and Standard Operating Procedures in terms of machining and assembly in database.
10. Propose and lead improvement and lean projects commensurate with DL’s sustainability development.
11. Support DL machining planning and supervisors in confirming and updating project schedules, with securing project OTD set as the paramount bottom line.
12. Be responsible for coaching and developing machining process engineer(s) as well as giving hands-on trainings to operators in collaboration with DL supervisors in terms of machining and assembly development methods.
- Good communication skills in both oral and written English.
- Bachelor degree or above, majoring in mechanical engineering or manufacturing.
- At least 8-year experience working in heavy manufacturing industries with both machining and assembly, having experience working in managing positions and international corporations is preferred.
- Very familiar with machining processes, including but not limited to turning, drilling, milling, boring, grinding, etc. with various lathes, has a strong background of selecting, maneuvering and maintaining various lathes. Mastering CNC programming is preferred.
- Strong willingness to make a change, with a broader vision for the big picture.
- Excellent analysis and reporting skills, capable of individually making sophisticated presentations on researching and development proposals.
- Experience in participating in Kaizan and lean projects with respect to machining or assembly, personally leading the projects is preferred.
- Experience in project management, or in manufacturing pressure vessels parts, or in machining grey and nodular iron castings is preferred.