Performs fabrication and welding which requires knowledge of techniques and procedures as they relate to fabricating and welding TAD Hoods and other complex light fabrications. Must have a thorough knowledge of reading drawings and exercises average judgment and uses skills to attain accuracy and conformance to specifications. Requires minimal supervision.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Selects specified sheet from stock. Performs layouts and marks sheet indicating lines for bending, cutting, and drilling according to drawing, sketch or verbal instruction, using scale, rule, scribe, and punch.
• Applies extensive knowledge of mechanics, advanced mathematics, including trigonometry metal properties, layout and fabrication procedures.
• Constructs complex ducts, TAD Hoods, and other components.
• Sets-up and operates fabricating machines such as: Shears, brakes, bending rolls, and punch and drill presses to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal parts.
• Sets-up and operates GMAW, GTAW, SMAW, SW, FCAW, OFC, and Plasma Cutting equipment to join together sheet metal parts. Is knowledgeable in selecting proper gases and adjusting machines to proper parameters for given weld.
• Attaches rigging and operates overhead crane and/or use lift truck to move parts to fabricating machines or assembly area.
• Smooths seams, joints, or burred surfaces, using files, portable grinder, or buffer.
• Inspects assemblies for conformance with specifications using measuring instruments such as calipers, scales, and measuring tapes.
• Conforms to the requirements of the ISO 9001 system.
• Observes safety policies at all times.
• Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of assigned area(s) and equipment per LEAN 5S.
• Willingness to work overtime to meet delivery schedules.
• Performs other duties and tasks as may be assigned by General Foreman.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Two-year technical college degree in manufacturing technology or equivalent formal training program.
• Minimum of 10 years related fabrication experience.
• Ability to read and understand complex drawings and various types of measuring instruments.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Advanced knowledge of mathematics and trigonometry.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
|We offer:||In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, short- and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, and Business Travel Accident Insurance.|
|Additional information:||Local Hire|