Valmet's Automation business line is looking for an automation -professional to work as a Sourcing Engineer in our Operations Global Sourcing –function, to be located in Gliwice and reporting to Head of Global Sourcing.
You will have an important role in turnkey –delivery projects sourcing in EMEA-area. Executing local sourcing activities for projects and services under the direction of local sourcing management. You will participate to sales phase to secure third party hardware and labor costing. You are expected to give a strong contribution in optimizing our supplier and partner networks especially for Electrification & Instrumentation -deliveries in co-operation with our global organization.
As Sourcing Engineer your main tasks will be the following:
- Coordinate and manage local project sourcing and procurement
- Support sales costing and managing sales phase sourcing
- Find new and cost-competitive suppliers (Engineering and installation companies, OEM suppliers etc.)
- Develop supply chain and execute procurement strategy
- Perform supplier analysis including supplier financials and capabilities (products and services, quality levels)
- Execute RFX processes locally to support global category management
- Analyze suppliers proposals and evaluate results
- Support and lead supplier negotiations and clarifications
To be successful in this position you need to have a MSc. or BSc. degree in automation/electrical engineering. Several years of working experience in implementation of E&IC projects is required for this role.
As a basis, you need to have a wide knowledge of equipment; such as switchgears, UPS, drives and field instruments. In addition, you should understand the complete delivery content including engineering, procurement, installation and on-site services. We expect you to have fluency in Polish (native)and English both written and spoken, as well as willingness to travel. Project sourcing experience from related field and experience from process automation will be considered as an asset.
In return, we offer you an interesting and challenging position in global business environment and friendly atmosphere as well as good possibilities for competence development.
For further information, please contact Mikko Kinnunen, Head of Procurement Automation BL (+358 405 683 377)or Mirosław Lachowski, Sourcing Manager in Gliwice (+48 607 244 401). To apply for the position, please complete our on-line application form by 30th September , 2016. Please provide your CV with salary expectation.