|Business line:||North America|
|Location:||Niagara Falls, NY|
Valmet Corporation is a leading global developer and supplier of services and technologies for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our 11,000 professionals around the world work close to our customers and are committed to moving our customers’ performance forward – every day.
We have an immediate need for a hands-on, self-motivated Electrical & Automation Team Leader. This position works within the Greenpac Mill which is a new state-of-the-art containerboard mill located in Niagara Falls, NY. It is a one of a kind project in the North American Packaging Industry.
We’re looking for candidates who are interested in taking ownership for setting and achieving high standards, who can bring together a group of people for a common purpose, and are committed to providing outstanding customer support. The ideal candidate’s experience in maintenance processes and preventative maintenance will help to ensure the continuous implementation of world class maintenance practices at the mill.
• Manage the mill team of electrical technicians and automation engineers to perform predictive and preventive maintenance works, as well as corrective and break-ins.
o Will be responsible for the area’s automation and electrical availability and development. Has direct influence to set the team’s targets and how they are achieved. Controls that electrical safety is followed.
• Manage the mill automation technology and development of the automation maintenance process.
o ◦Prowess with Siemens Step 7, PCS7, Profibus and ladder logic as it applies to the mill automation.
• Decides shut down works in cooperation with production, mechanical team leader, and technical service leaders.
• Participates in the RCA process for unplanned breaks, shut-downs and is responsible for action plans for automation or electrical issues or faults.
• Informs maintenance manager of all items that could impact safety, availability, or cost beyond the normal range.
• Has responsibility over team’s operative maintenance functions below:
o Works are addressed and work quality is checked.
o Weekly PM routes have been done and findings reported and, if possible, corrected.
|Requirements:||To be successful in Valmet Mill Maintenance the preferred candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering, automation or related field, and 10 years of experience in a paper mill environment. Supervisory experience within a heavy industrial manufacturing setting is required. Experience with Siemens S7 and Profibus is strongly preferred.|
|We offer:||A competitive salary and benefit package, pension, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more.|