Valmet is a world leading supplier of paper, pulp and energy technologies and provider of OEM and general outsourced maintenance services. We deliver customer focused products and services which exceed expectations.
Our Finance Team are looking to recruit a Accounting Assistant for the UK, based in our offices in Darwen with direct responsibility to the Accounts Manager.
For the successful candidate, responsibilities will include:
• Assisting in the preparation of month end accounts, budget planning, estimations, hourly rates and absorption calculations
• Assist and cover when required in relation to Valmet reporting.
• Manage debtors and liaise with Valmet Shared Services; arrange letters, calls, and legal action if required
• Prepare and maintain bad debt and provision schedules
• Obtain credit check reports and assist in evaluating potential new customers
• Maintain and reconcile petty cash
• Project Control, as well as sales and purchasing support to all departments as necessary
• Liaise with Valmet Partners re new supplier and customer accounts
• Reconciliation of self-billing customers, in particular Tata Steel Group
• Banking of cheques and advising bookings to Valmet Shared Services
• Acting on and resolving Valmet Shares Services queries in relation to unknown bank receipts.
• Assist and support local business with travel expenses.
• Manage IP Basware system and assist others
• Provide assistance on administration of Energy Services Department
• Produce monthly hours utilisation summaries for necessary departments
In addition to the above, the candidate would be expected to cover for other members of the Finance/Admin team during holiday periods, and be prepared to carry out any other tasks within their abilities as and when requested by the Accounts Manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of two years’ accounting and business experience.
• Preferably qualified at AAT level or with a business studies qualification (HND or higher) or equivalent.
• Accounting competence and office experience
• Technical and system orientated background
• Combination of engineering knowledge and management accounting would be preferable
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
• Strong analytical skills
The successful candidate should:
• Have a high degree of personal drive, with the initiative to solve problems in a pragmatic time effective manner
• Be an involved, “hands on” professional who is energetic and action orientated
• Easily take up challenges and opportunities and can act with minimum planning
• Have a strong achievement orientation and constantly exceeds objectives
• Have a track record of delivery to tight deadlines, makes things happen
• Have excellent working knowledge of MS office
• Take a pragmatic approach to turning complex financial reporting requirements into practical advice for the business
• Have strong communication skills enabling effective translation of detailed technical information into ‘layman’ terms for the wider business
• Have the ability to generate creative solutions to complex technical accounting problems.
• Be a flexible and independent team player, with ability to contribute to the team environment.
• Have the ability and desire to work within a global corporation
• Have an attitude to continually develop both the business and personally
• Have a valid driving licence
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with an international company and include 24 days holiday, generous pension and sick pay schemes and life assurance.
|Additional information:||Our offices at Darwen are not very accessible by public transport so having your own transport is useful.|