|Business line:||North America|
Valmet Corporation is a leading global developer and supplier of services and technologies for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our 11,000 professionals around the world work close to our customers and are committed to moving our customers’ performance forward – every day.
We have an immediate need for a hands-on, self-motivated Paper Machine Team Leader. This position works within the Greenpac Mill which is a new state-of-the-art containerboard mill located in Niagara Falls, NY. It is a one of a kind project in the North American Packaging Industry
We’re looking for candidates who are interested in taking ownership for setting and achieving high standards, who can bring together a group of people for a common purpose, and are committed to providing outstanding customer support. The ideal candidate’s experience in maintenance planning and preventative maintenance will help to ensure the continuous implementation of world class maintenance practices at the mill.
• The Paper Machine Area Leader is responsible for the team’s safety, working methods, SAP usage and area’s mechanical availability development.
• Ownership of the Paper Machine area; the candidate develops mechanical week routes, working methods, and- if needed- trains mechanics in repair works and performing preventative maintenance routes.
o Supports the planners, Technical Services Leader and Reliability Leader in special works.
• Follows up on daily area’s production situation, and assesses solutions to technical problems that have occurred in the past 24 hours. Takes part in meetings, using production reports and SAP as informational sources to take action.
• Works in cooperation with the other area leaders and informs Maintenance Manager and Mechanical Leader of all safety, availability and cost impact updates.
• Leads run-time field repair, deciding in cooperation with production and fellow team leaders on shut-down works.
• Provides mechanics with area work orders and, where applicable, gives in-field instruction.
• Is a member of the RCA process for unplanned breaks and shutdowns and is responsible for area’s action plans.
• Follows the monthly amount of work orders and notifications and-if needed- corrective actions.
To be successful in Valmet Mill Maintenance the preferred candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in mechanical engineering or related degree plus a minimum of 10 years’ experience working in the paper mill environment. Supervisory experience within a heavy industrial manufacturing setting is strongly preferred.
|We offer:||A competitive salary and benefit package, pension, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more.|