Basic Function: Provides field service within a specified region in North America.
1. Preventive and Predictive Maintenance of Automation equipment on hardware at the customers locations
2. Ability to work on a team and assist other service personnel as needed to resolve difficult service related issues.
3. Ability to demonstrate to the customers the Value the services are providing.
4. Reporting and Tracking time and expenses against the jobs
5. Field commissioning on smaller Automation equipment. Service and Performance documentation for capital equipment, including new and add on system installations. Implement new and add on systems (hardware and software) when required.
6. Assist customers in problem solving at their worksites and by phone. Provide process control and optimization services at the customer mill sites as required for Pulp and Paper processes. Provide tuning, process evaluation, process control and sensor correlation support as required
7. Provide sales support for service when needed. Actively sell spare parts at the customer’s worksite.
8. Within one week of each mill visit, prepare a written trip report, expense report, and time sheet
9. Routinely contact customers to schedule your visits to the customer worksite; determine status of installed equipment and take action to assist in the repair of any failed equipment in the field.
10. Ensure that sales personnel and your Service Manager are aware of your schedule.
11. Manage your contracts with the customers
12. Visit customer on a routine basis to improve and maintain customer relationships.
13. Be capable of providing after hours emergency service on rare occasions.
14. Performs other duties typical to this position as assigned.
Working Conditions: Works primarily in a mill environment at the customer work site.
Education: 2 year degree or military background in Electrical / Electronics. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronic or Chemical engineering a plus.
Experience: 3+ years military experience working on Electronics / electrical systems or 3 years of experience in the Pulp and Paper Process industry or another relevant industry is a plus. DCS Experience a plus
Travel: 25%. Travel is typically within a NA region
Other: Maintain a valid driver’s license. Collaborates well but also must work well independently, making decisions often under stressful conditions. Must have the ability to form professional relationships with customers. Written and verbal communication skills are critical and a position requirement. Self-managed and able to set your own daily and weekly priorities with the customers.
|We offer:||In addition to competitive wages, Valmet offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match, paid vacation and company holidays, short- and long-term disability, company paid life insurance, and Business Travel Accident Insurance.|