We are currently looking for motivated and proactive MSc graduates to join our research team related to 5G and beyond mobile network developments and future wireless localization solutions.The selected person(s) are expected to work in a multi-disciplinary project. Examples of topics include, but are not limited to:
- future 5G communication and navigation systems
- air space communication and navigation
- jamming localization
- communication and navigation solutions in industrial Internet of Things
Depending on the qualifications and interests of the selected candidates, 1-2 positions will be filled on the aforementioned topics.
The call for two-year positions (with a good possibility of extension upon good results) is open to applicants who fulfil the following criteria:
- Candidates have a MSc degree in computer science, radio communications, signal processing or electrical engineering
- Candidates have knowledge of radio communications and software programming skills (e.g., Matlab, C/C++, Python, embedded systems, USPRs, … )
- Candidates have good analytical skills
- Candidates have a willingness to learn new things and to work in a multi-cultural environment in Tampere, Finland.
The successful candidate must have demonstrated (during studies towards the higher university degree or otherwise) the competence and motivation to pursue postgraduate studies. A research plan for a doctorate will be prepared according to TUT's instructions in collaboration with the research group. The successful candidate must either already be or enroll as a doctoral student at TUT.
TUT offers a wide range of staff benefits, such as occupational health care, flexible working hours, excellent sports facilities on campus and several restaurants and cafés on campus with staff discounts.
|Salary:||The salary will be based on both the job demands and the employee's personal performance in accordance with the University Salary System. According to the criteria applied to teaching and research staff the position of a Doctoral Student is placed on the job demands levels 1-4. In addition, employees receive performance based salary.|
|Trial period:||Trial period of 4 months applies.|
|Other:||The position will be filled as full time and for a fixed term of 2 years, with a view to a further extension towards PhD completion. The commencement date will be in January 2018 or as mutually agreed (no later than March 2018). The position will be located in the TUT Hervanta campus.|
|For more information, please contact:||
Elena Simona Lohan, email elena-simona.lohan(at)tut.fi.
Mikko Valkama, email: mikko.e.valkama(at) tut.fi
More information about the research group: http://www.cs.tut.fi/tlt/pos/
Additional information on doctoral studies at TUT:
|How to apply:||
Applications must be submitted by TUT online application form. Closing date for applications is 30 November 2017 (24.00 EEST / 21.00 UTC).
Applications and all accompanying documentation must be in English.
Applications must include (preferably in pdf format):
1. Letter of motivation, max 1 page
2. Full curriculum vitae listing all relevant experiences and including list of publications, max 4 pages
3. Certificate of Master's degree and transcript of records (including translation to English if certificate is not in English or Finnish)
Applicants who are not currently TUT students must also include the following:
- certificate of Bachelor's degree (including official translation to English, if certificate is not in English or Finnish)
- certificate of language test IELTS/TOEFL/CAE/CPE/PTE A (if applicant's native language is other than Finnish or English).
Additional information on attachments to applications.