The Faculty of Engineering Sciences invites applications for tenure-track position in the field of:
Tenure Track in Knowledge Based Maintenance and Reliability for Intelligent Machines
The successful candidate will be hired on TUT’s tenure track at the rank of Assistant Professors (1st or 2nd term) or Associate Professor. The level of appointment depends on the successful candidate’s record of scholarly achievements.
We are broadly interested in candidates who can complement our present expertise and activities. A successful candidate’s expertise is based on solid research that is related to knowledge based maintenance and reliability for intelligent machines and machine systems utilizing data analytics and AI. The position can be tailored according to the specific expertise of the candidate. The candidate’s research interests can take several different perspectives on the life-cycle management and engineering of intelligent machines and machine systems, such as:
- Modelling, simulation and analysis of reliability and availability
- Knowledge-based maintenance utilizing data analytics and AI
- Predictive condition monitoring methods and analytics, model-based condition monitoring
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Pursue and supervise scientific research in the field
- Lead, conduct and develop education in mechanical engineering, especially in the life-cycle management and engineering
- Collaborate actively with local, national and international research partners and companies
- Form a research group
- Participate in the activities of the national and international scientific communities
- Acquire external funding
- Interact with society, especially with Finnish industry
- Commit to the strategy of the Faculty and TUT
All candidates considered for a tenure track position are expected to:
- Hold an applicable doctoral degree
- Demonstrate the capacity for independent scholarly activity
- Possess the teaching skills required for the successful performance of their duties and have the ability to co-operate in a multidisciplinary university environment and with industry.
We appreciate a strong publication track record and experience in acquiring research funding, experience in education, and collaboration activities in research networks and among companies.
For more information on the criteria for each level of TUT’s tenure track, please refer to www.tut.fi/openpositions – Tenure track.
We offer candidates the opportunity to join an agile and international research community at the Laboratory of Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Systems which has a strong commitment to industrial collaboration at the local, national and global levels. We encourage active collaboration within TUT and with national and international partners. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop, lead and maintain a dynamic research programme leading to national and international recognition.
TUT offers a wide range of staff benefits, such as occupational health care, flexible working hours, excellent campus sports facilities and several restaurants and cafés on campus with staff discounts. Since 2014 TUT holds the European Commission HR Excellence in Research.
For more information, please visit www.tut.fi/en – About TUT – Careers at TUT
Tampere is the largest inland city in the Nordic countries and one of three most rapidly growing regions in Finland. Today, the city is best known for its high tech expertise and extensive know-how in various fields. The city is an industrial powerhouse that enjoys a rich cultural scene and a reputation as a centre of Finland’s information society (https://visittampere.fi/).
The salary will be based on both the job requirements and the employee's personal performance in accordance with the Finnish University Salary System (YPJ).
Typical annual starting salaries:
- the position of Assistant Professor, 1st term: 39,500-45,500 EUR per year
- the position of Assistant Professor, 2nd term: 45,500-53,500 EUR per year
- the position of Associate Professor: 52,800-61,500 EUR per year
Finland provides one of the most advanced and comprehensive welfare systems in the world. It includes sickness, maternity, paternity and various family benefits, such as child-care services, and a comprehensive healthcare system. For more information, please visit http://ec.europa.eu/employment_social/empl_portal/SSRinEU/Your%20social%20security%20rights%20in%20Finland_en.pdf
|Trial period:||The appointment is subject to the satisfactory completion of a trial period of four (4) months.|
|Other:||The expected start date is June 2018 or as mutually agreed upon by both parties. The positions of Assistant Professor and Associate Professor will be filled for a fixed-term period. The length of the fixed-term period will be based on the University’s tenure track system.|
|For more information, please contact:||
Dean of the Faculty, Pauli Kuosmanen, tel. +358 50 304 5934. If you have questions about the recruitment process, please contact HR specialist Päivi Peltonen, tel. +358 40 563 9729.
Contact by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|How to apply:||
Applications must be submitted through the University’s online employment system. The closing date for applications is 23 October at 24.00 EET / 22.00 UTC). Applications and all accompanying documentation should be written in English.
Applications should include the following documents:
1. Curriculum Vitae (.doc, .pdf) assembled according to TUT’s instructions
2. Research plan assembled according to TUT’s instructions
3. List of publications assembled according to TUT’s instructions
4. Teaching portfolio assembled according to TUT’s instructions
5. References assembled according to TUT’s instructions