|Job description:||“Biophysics of the Eye”-group (http://www.tut.fi/nymark-lab/) of BioMediTech is looking for a PhD student in the area of epithelial electrophysiology in the Academy of Finland funded project (2015-2020): “Novel roles for ion channels in retinal pigment epithelium and visual functions”. The student is expected to register as a PhD student at TUT and to work in a multi-disciplinary project focusing on cellular ion channel activity, their localization and function in epithelium and their role in different diseases.|
- Master’s degree in biophysics, cell- or molecular biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering or in related discipline.
- Strong background in at least one of the following areas: electrophysiology, microscopy, cell biological methods.
- Preferably knowledge of MATLAB or object oriented programming.
- English is the working language of the research group and therefore fluency in English, both written and oral, are considered essential.
|Salary:||The salary will be based on both the job demands and the employee's personal performance in accordance with the University Salary System. According to the criteria applied to teaching and research staff, the position of a Doctoral Student is placed on the job demands levels 1-4. In addition, employees receive performance based salary.|
|Trial period:||Trial period of four (4) months applies.|
Doctoral students are expected to graduate within four years. The candidate will be working in the TUT-BMT Kauppi-kampus, Tampere, Finland.
The expected start date is from October onwards as mutually agreed upon by both parties.
Additional information on doctoral studies at TUT:
|For more information, please contact:||Soile Nymark by e-mail soile.nymark(at)tut.fi. More information about the research group at: http://www.tut.fi/nymark-lab/|
|How to apply:||
Applications must be submitted by TUT online application form. Closing date for applications is 31st of August, 2017.
Applications and all accompanying documentation must be in English.
Applications must include:
1. Letter of motivation, max 1 page
2. Full curriculum vitae listing all relevant experiences, max 4 pages
3. Copy of MSc degree certificate and transcript of records (including English translation for languages other than English or Finnish)
4. List of publications (if any)
Please also indicate your earliest starting date.
Applicants who are not currently TUT students must also include the following:
- certificate of Master's degree (including official translation to English if certificate is not in English or Finnish)
- certificate of Bachelor's degree (including official translation to English if certificate is not in English or Finnish)
- certificate of language test (if applicant's native language is other than Finnish or English).
All documents should preferably be in pdf format.
Additional information on attachments to applications.