|Application time ends:||2018-08-02|
LOGISTICS MANAGER, Road & Rail Transportation
SSAB Europe division’s Supply Chain Management & IT function plays strategically important part in developing and implementing the most efficient and effective supply chains to maximize the value to our customers. In SSAB we all strive to create a stronger, lighter and more sustainable world.
We are looking for Logistics professional to be in charge of Road & Rail transportation contracts for product transportations for SSAB Europe division’s mills and units in Finland. Location of the position is in Hämeenlinna.
In this position you will also be in charge of transhipment point contracts in Europe, including transportation and distribution to and from them. Developing of working models and concepts with trucking and rail companies and other contractual partners related to the responsibility is an essential part of this role. You will support operational organisations, sales and purchasing in logistic related practices and develop process with these functions.
Key Tasks include
• Contract negotiations, implementation of contracts and contract structure development on road & rail transports, distribution from European harbors and warehouses
• Supplier realtionship management with continuous improvements
• Monitoring and ensure performance levels such as loading capacities, loading and delivery accuracy, cost control, safety, corrective actions and supplier performance evaluation
• Identify deviations and work with continuously improvements
• Implement new logistic concepts within the responsibility
• Work with innovations to reduce the CO2 footprint from SSAB transports and other related logistic operations
• Follow the market development within the responsibility
• Participate in external forums and projects related to the resonsibility
• Develop and maintain process within the area responsibility
As a person we expect you to have analytical approach with good communication and problem-solving skills. You like to take responsibility and you are a business driven person. You use your excellent negotiations skills and performance in a result-oriented style in achieving the targets. You find ways to reinvent process as natural part of your work. You master both English and Finnish fluently in speech and writing, Swedish is an advantage. You are used to work with methods and systems that support your work. You have the ability to work in networks and with different stakeholders internally and externally.
We expect you to have Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with specialization in logistics or similar. You have most probably several years experience of working within international transport and logistic in a managerial level. You have gained the knowledge of transportation and logisitcs working methods, market dynamics and international road & rail transportation laws, regulations and international trade terms. You have the ability to work independently with initiative and high levels of motivation and drive.
SSAB's objective is to become one of the most sustainable steel companies. We offer you a developmental, diverse and exciting work that gives an overview of SSAB’s material flow from mill all the way to end customer. You will have a wide global network and great colleagues!
For more information, please contact Rickard Backlund, Senior Manager Logistics, mob. +46 70 642 3287.
Send your application on 2nd of August 2018 the latest via the link below.