|Application time ends:||2018-05-28|
COMMODITY MANAGER – Maintenance Procurement Finland
We are seeking a motivated employee to join the SSAB’s group procurement, as a part of Maintenance Procurement Finland -team. You will be responsible for strategic procurement work in a commodity of Mechanical Materials and Services. This position is permanent and can be located at our production sites either in Raahe, or in Hämeenlinna.
As a Commodity Manager, you will be responsible for creating, developing and implementing commodity strategies centrally and/or locally according to the strategic procurement process and its associated tools and models. You will also manage strategic commodity teamwork and establish and manage relations with the commodity team’s internal customers and other stakeholders. You will be working closely with functions within the organization (Operations, Maintenance, Finance, and Procurement) and external partners (suppliers, subcontractors and service providers).
You will need to be able to work independently and be proactively involved in developing your role. Work requires willingness to work in an international environment, ability to travel and communication skills in Finnish and English, both in written and spoken.
The key tasks of the role are:
• Creating, managing and executing strategic procurement work within the commodity team
• Leading and executing re-sourcing activities, development projects, supplier relationship management (SRM) and developing continuous improvements within the framework of our management philosophy SSAB One
• Leading regular business reviews with nominated suppliers together with stakeholder
• Making agreements with suppliers which ensure that internal customers receive the right products or services in the right place at the right time, keeping in mind the lowest possible Total Cost of Ownership
• Planning and analyzing the economics of the commodities and monitoring commodity compliance and supplier performance
• Communicating with operational purchasing and internal customers to provide the necessary support
• Master's or bachelor’s degree in engineering, economics, logistics or law. Alternatively, you may have gained similar qualifications and experience in some other way within these competence areas.
• Excellent written and spoken Finnish and English
• Good leadership and communication skills
• Analytical skills and mindset
• An independent, results-oriented way of working and good stress tolerance
• Experience of strategic procurement, project management, Lean and/or SRM is a merit
• IT-Systems: SAP, Ariba are also considered as advantage, as well as Swedish language skills
We also value you to be compelling personality: strong driver of change, independent can-do attitude, flexible mindset, team player, hands-on when needed.
We offer for the right candidate an important and challenging position in an international environment with great opportunities to contribute to SSAB’s performance.
For more information, please contact Tapani Raetsaari, Procurement Manager, SSAB Group Procurement, tel +358 50 415 4032. Or via email: email@example.com
Please complete our electronic application form in English at SSAB’s career site. Include your CV and salary expectation. Please fill in your application by 28th of May, 2018.
Please note, our recruitment team is evaluating applications continuously and interviews can start during application period.