|Application time ends:||2018-01-19|
Sales International and Automotive are looking for a Technical Development Manager supports sales and customers in technical matters. The main target are to maintain existing business and create new business.
In this job he/she works to fulfill SSAB´s short and long term strategic goals and to work according to SSAB´s strategy and company values.
Technical Development Manager (TDM) is responsible within assigned areas for:
• technical customer service
• creating new business by identifying additional sales opportunities
• development of new applications for usage of our products
• assisting sales and technical marketing with technical matters
• Answer technical inquiries and communicate technical feasibilities.
TDM is also responsible for developing technical competences of own organization, sales and other functions.
Main tasks of a TDM are:
• develop an activity plan together with ASM/RSM and local TDM, describing the goals, customer visits, strategy and technical sales- and marketing activities for the area
• work according to the activity plan, and keep the plan updated
• participate actively at ASM, RSM or local TDM meetings and presents latest news, upgrading etc
• proactively visit customers/prospects if requested.
• provide daily technical support including commercial aspects to customers including problem solving, advising usage and handling of our products
• collect feedback regarding competitors’ products and market activities
• develop new applications by initiating and running technical projects together with customers and KSC
• assist with handling of claims and report quality problems
• assist with handling of material approval process.
• participate in technical marketing and prepare of technical marketing material
• participate, sometimes as presenter, in external and internal education and seminars
• act as technical specialist at exhibitions
• hosting customer visits including mill visits
Education and experience
• MSc or BSc degree in Mechanical design, Material Science or equivalent experience and knowledge
• Experience in steel production/applications or R&D functions
• Understanding of, and ability to present economic aspects related to usage of our material
• Sufficient verbal, reading and writing skills in English and preferable also skills in the geographical area’s main language
• High level of computer skills
The personal skills shall be in line with the SSAB values and culture
• Good technical skills in theory and practice in combination with business mind-set
• A high innovative and entrepreneurial capacity
• Quick learner
• Problem solver
• Team player
• Open communicator
• Socially skilled and enjoys working with people
• Ability to understand, accept and explain SSAB’s overall objectives
• Very good understanding of the local culture and traditions
• Able, and willing to travel approximately 100 days per year
• Good presentation skills one-to-one and for large groups
• Possess a solid knowledge about our products, services, marketing materials and our production process
Please send your CV and personal letter no later than January 19, 2018.
For further information please contact Robert Rautio at +46700204141.