|Application period ends:||2018-05-27|
|Type of employment:||Permanent|
|Description of position:||
We are looking for a highly experienced leader to head our R&D Project Management Office (PMO). You will be responsible for
• Leading and managing the PMO with 10 project managers/directors and one coordinator
• Ensuring project leadership and management excellence within the drug discovery and development project teams
• Motivating and mentoring project management professionals
• Providing technical and strategic guidance and expertise during reviews of project strategies and deliverables
• Contributing to the long-term strategy and development of the PMO and to the consistent execution of strategy to advance the R&D project portfolio
• Supporting continuous development of project management processes and procedures e.g. IT tools that support R&D processes
• Building strong, open and collaborative working relationships with internal stakeholders, partners and external experts
• Providing support from PMO to proprietary product in/out-licensing activities, e.g. due diligence
• Optimal resourcing of project management activities in a changing environment
• Reporting project portfolio timelines and overall budgets regularly to management and ensuring communication of the projects within the company
• Contributing to R&D project portfolio strategy and Business strategy discussions
|Description of unit:||
Orion’s pharmaceutical innovations are created within its R&D organization, including non-clinical research and clinical development. The organization employs top professionals in the field of drug development. Our core therapy areas are central nervous system (CNS) disorders, oncology and respiratory for which Orion develops inhaled Easyhaler® pulmonary drugs. We have also veterinary projects in our portfolio. In order to ensure future development, we have started to build capabilities for biologics discovery, and we are strengthening our power in small molecule research.
The R&D Project Management Office (PMO) in Orion Pharma R&D is a function of professional project leaders with excellence in project management and leadership skills to lead the proprietary drug development projects from discovery to marketing authorization.
The PMO defines and maintains standards for management of the proprietary drug discovery and development projects and its primary goal is to achieve benefits from standardizing and following project management processes, policies and methods. The domains of work are R&D portfolio management, PM competence, knowledge sharing and networking, partnership management, reporting & communication and PM methods.
We offer you a highly influential position leading a team of very experienced and professional project managers. We have seen growth in R&D productivity over the last years and have now an exciting R&D pipeline. You will get a broad helicopter view to everything in Orion R&D and proprietary products business.
Additionally we offer attractive career development opportunities and an enthusiastic working environment. Appreciation of personnel and constant development are part of our core values. The culture of Orion R&D is informal and we enjoy working together.
The job is located at Orion’s headquarters in Espoo, Finland. You might want to check the areas Finland is considered a world leader if you are thinking about moving here http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ira-kalb/finland-is-still-the-worl_b_10774930.html
• PhD in a scientific discipline or a related field is preferred or MD
• 10-15 years of biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience, experience from large molecule development is an advantage
• 3-5 years of independent managing or leading cross-functional project teams in a drug development company including experience leading project managers
• Solid project management experience
• Experience in actively managing the resources, integrated timelines and budgets typical of a PMO or similar function
• Experience in interfacing between a project team and a decision-making committees.
• Demonstrated expertise in formal project management and facilitation methodologies. PMP/IPMA certification is an advantage.
• Thorough understanding of the drug development process and familiarity with relevant regulations (e.g. EU, FDA, ICH)
• Flexibility and ability to cope with ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities and environment.
• Capability of recognizing and enhancing innovation and being and innovator (eg. publications, patents)
• Proven ability to develop and motivate direct reports and teams to achieve goals.
• Strong written and verbal communication, formal presentation and interpersonal skills
|Additional information on the position:||Would you be interested to know more? Minna Ruotsalainen, Vice President will be happy to discuss with you p. +358 50 9664 623 11th of May at 10.30-12.00, 14th of May 15.30-17.00 and 25th of May 13.30-15.00 (Finnish time).|