|Application period ends:||2017-11-30|
|Type of employment:||Permanent|
|Description of position:||Programmer is an expert in cross functional R&D teams. He/she performs programming according to specifications for non-clinical and clinical studies including data derivation to CDISC format, data integrations, data review listings, subject classification and data tabulations, listings and figures (TLFs) to clinical study reports. In addition programmer is maintaining and developing programming and reporting practices and standards together with your programming colleagues in Finland and India. Capability to perform data queries to public databases and knowledge about cloud technologies for data sharing, are beneficial skills for the programmer.|
|Description of unit:||
Orion’s pharmaceutical innovations are created within its R&D organization, including non-clinical research and clinical development. The organization employs top professionals in the field of drug development. The core therapy areas of Orion's pharmaceutical R&D are central nervous system (CNS) disorders, oncology and respiratory for which Orion develops inhaled Easyhaler® pulmonary drugs.
We have seen growth in R&D productivity over the last years and have now an exciting R&D pipeline. In order to ensure future development, we have started to build capabilities for biologics discovery. In addition we are strengthening our power in small molecule research. Experienced professionals with new competencies are needed to guarantee our continuous success.
Orion’s pharmaceutical innovations are created within its R&D organization including for instance non-clinical research, clinical development, formulation development and medical affairs. The organization employs top professionals in the field of drug molecule development and optimization.
Data Science and Analytics (DSA) platform is responsible for data science and analytics in R&D - like programming, data standards, statistical planning, analyses, modelling, machine learning and visual design services.
Challenging and inspiring position in a multidisciplinary team and professional team by your side. The culture of Orion R&D is informal and we enjoy working together. Good opportunities to further development of your expertise.
Join us – together we build well-being and do work that we are proud of!
The person can be based in Espoo, Turku or Kuopio in Finland.
If moving to Finland, please check the areas where Finland is considered a leader in the world by copying this link to your web browser http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ira-kalb/finland-is-still-the-worl_b_10774930.html
We expect you to have:
• Quantitative background with advanced degrees (Master +) in statistics, computer science, informatics, data science, or related field
• Strong hands-on experience with SAS programming, SAS macros and data processing
We wish you have:
• Analytical skills with a strong foundation in programming (like SAS, R, C#)
• Experience of CDISC (or other) data standards
• Applicable experience as a programmer within pharmaceutical research&development, contract research organization or other relevant organization
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to holistically analyze issues and provide solutions
• Excellent team working skills and ability to promote two-way communication by sharing information and opinions
• Capability to prioritize tasks according to their relative urgency and importance
• Good spoken and written English
• International experience in pharmaceutical industry and programming in R&D environment
|Additional information on the position:||
For further information, please call Hanna Kivini, Head of Data Availability and Programming, during the following times (CET +2)Telephone +358 50966 7240:
|In addition:||Approved medical examination which also includes drug testing is required prior to the employment.|
|In addition:||We will carry out a security clearance prior to the employment for the selected person.|