|Application period ends:||2017-12-03|
|Type of employment:||Permanent|
|Description of position:||
You are a highly motivated immunotoxicologist eager to build up translational safety evaluation capabilities for biologicals. You also support drug discovery and development programs of new, innovative small molecules. Your task is to evaluate potential safety liabilities related to alterations in immune function, understanding mechanisms, and providing human risk perspective of drug candidates for biologics and small molecules.
You design and oversee of executing nonclinical toxicology programs for biologics during discovery and development phase for studies primarily conducted in CROs.
|Description of unit:||
Orion’s pharmaceutical innovations are created within its R&D organization, including non-clinical research and clinical development. The organization employs top professionals in the field of drug development. The core therapy areas of Orion's pharmaceutical R&D are central nervous system (CNS) disorders, oncology and respiratory for which Orion develops inhaled Easyhaler® pulmonary drugs.
We have seen growth in R&D productivity over the last years and have now an exciting R&D pipeline. In order to ensure future development, we have started to build capabilities for biologics discovery. In addition we are strengthening our power in small molecule research. Experienced professionals with new competencies are needed to guarantee our continuous success.
Translational Safety organization is part of Translational Pharmacology & Safety Sciences at Orion R&D. The organization is responsible for the preclinical safety assessment of new drug candidates during various stages of the drug discovery & development process. The function designs and executes safety pharmacology and toxicology studies performed either in our own facilities (exploratory safety) or in collaboration with contract research organizations, CRO's (GLP studies). Translational Safety organization supports research and development projects at all Orion's core therapy areas. We have also started to build a capabilities for biological (biologics) projects.
We offer exciting opportunities to create and have an impact on future therapies for patients.
We also offer you attractive career development opportunities to use your own strengths for development. The culture of Orion R&D is informal and we enjoy working together.
Join us – together we build well-being and do work that we are proud of!
The location is Espoo or Turku, Finland, or Nottingham, UK. If moving to Finland, please check the areas where Finland is considered a leader in the world by copying this link to your web browser http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ira-kalb/finland-is-still-the-worl_b_10774930.html
You are expected to have:
– PhD in toxicology, immunology, veterinary medicines or related sciences with a track record of developing biologics including therapeutic antibodies
– Several years working experience in safety assessment of biologics in discovery & development in pharma industry
– Deep understanding of discovery and development phase toxicology testing strategies for small and large molecules
– Deep understanding of comparative safety assessment (animal species vs human)
– Strong knowledge of relevant nonclinical safety regulations and guidelines
– Expertise in immunopathology is essential
We also appreciate:
– Proactive, innovative, with good problem solving skills
– Demonstrated good team and networking skills
– Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
|Additional information on the position:||
Leena Sopanen, Head of Translational Safety, R&D, tel +358 50 966 3632
- Thursday 16th of November at 16-17 (CET+2)
- Wednesday 22nd of November at 15-16 (CET+2)
|In addition:||Approved medical examination which also includes drug testing is required prior to the employment.|
|In addition:||We will carry out a security clearance prior to the employment for the selected person.|