|Application period ends:||2017-11-30|
|Type of employment:||Fixed-term|
|Description of position:||
We are looking for an innovative, scientifically orientated and naturally collaborative person to join Orion R&D Discovery PK/PD team in Turku.
In this position you are responsible to participate in Orion R&D projects in different phases as an in vivo scientist. The position requires in-depth expertise as well as eagerness to set up and develop state-of-the-art techniques and models within the area of oncology research. In this position you will work as a member of a network of professionals. You are team and goal orientated and cope well with setbacks.
You will be reporting to Head of Discovery PK/PD.
|Description of unit:||
Orion’s pharmaceutical innovations are created within its R&D organization, including non-clinical research and clinical development. The organization employs top professionals in the field of drug development. The core therapy areas of Orion's pharmaceutical R&D are central nervous system (CNS) disorders, oncology and respiratory for which Orion develops inhaled Easyhaler® pulmonary drugs.
We have seen growth in R&D productivity over the last years and have now an exciting R&D pipeline. In order to ensure future development, we have started to build capabilities for biologics discovery. In addition we are strengthening our power in small molecule research. Experienced professionals with new competencies are needed to guarantee our continuous success.
Discovery PK/PD unit is part of Orion Translational Pharmacology and Safety Sciences platform with facilities in Turku. The organization is responsible for the preclinical PK/PD assessment of new drug candidates during various stages of the drug discovery and development process. The function designs and executes pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies both in our own facilities and in collaboration with contract research organizations. We support research and development projects at all Orion’s therapy areas.
We offer exciting opportunities to create and have an impact on future therapies for patients.
We also offer you attractive career development opportunities to use your own strengths for development. The culture of Orion R&D is informal and we enjoy working together.
Join us – together we build well-being and do work that we are proud of!
The location is Turku, Finland. If moving to Finland, please check the areas where Finland is considered a leader in the world by copying this link to your web browser
You are expected to have:
- Ph.D. degree in relevant field of science
- In depth knowledge in oncology
- Broad understanding of drug discovery and development
- A keen understanding of experimental design, underlying scientific principles and the ability to rigorously analyze and interpret results
- Experience in small laboratory animal handling and surgery
We appreciate also:
- Extensive networks both in academia and in pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent networking, presentation and communication skills in English with high impact
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize and get things done
- Ability to provide novel solutions, set up experimental models and ability to synthesize scientific problems into strategy
- Enthusiastic, innovative and science-oriented mindset
|Additional information on the position:||
Eija Aho, Head of Discovery PK/PD, R&D, tel. +358 50 966 7675
- Monday 13th of November at 13-14 (CET+2)
- Thursday 16th of November at 10-11 (CET+2)
- Tuesday 21nd of November at 10-11 (CET+2)
|In addition:||Approved medical examination which also includes drug testing is required prior to the employment.|
|In addition:||We will carry out a security clearance prior to the employment for the selected person.|