|Name of the client company:||Other|
|Job area:||Hotelli, ravintola - ja catering|
|Type of employment:||Vakituinen|
|Introduction of the client company:||
Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort is a world famous family-run holiday destination in Finnish Lapland that has been established for more than 40 years. We’re located in Saariselkä, 250 km north of the Arctic Circle. The closest airport, Ivalo, is a 30-minute drive away. Our accommodation capacity is 450 beds and includes the world-famous glass igloos as well as premium kelo-glass igloos, snow igloos and cozy log cabins. We have several restaurants and Santa’s Celebration House, Finland’s largest log house, which offers facilities for up to 250 people and is the perfect setting for gala dinners, product launch events and conferences.
We are one of the best places in the world to view the northern lights, with the season lasting eight months, from the end of August until the end of April. We organize a huge variety of different activities for guests, from husky safaris to ice fishing. Guests and staff come from all four corners of the globe. During the busy winter season we have a staff of approximately 80. Staff housing is provided on site.
In the summer of 1973, Jussi Eiramo was on a fishing trip in Utsjoki, Finland's northern-most village. On the drive back to central Finland, he ran out of fuel. The young man really had no choice but to set up camp where he stood, on a roadside in the middle of the wilderness. The place happened to be called Kakslauttanen. For some inexplicable reason, Jussi felt as if he had come home. He spent his first summer there in a tent. In the second year, a small cabin was erected on the site, and Jussi began to run a café to serve passers-by on their way to North Cape. Little by little, year after year, Kakslauttanen has grown to become Finland's internationally best-known travel business.
We are looking for a professional Front Office Duty Manager who is responsible for organizing the activities of office employees, overseeing a variety of tasks including office operations, accounting, customer satisfaction and emergency procedures among others. As a Front Office Duty Manager you will represent strong leadership, communication and relationship skills. You will be responsible for reinforcing the standards of service, quality and procedures for the front desk. Ensuring the achievement of financial and quality objectives, a friendly work environment, and continuous learning and development for your team members according to the brand standards.
• You are able to be responsible for the overall guest service of the hotel by maintaining an organized and efficient Front Desk operation
• You have the working knowledge of 4 / 5 star hotels
• At least 3 years work experience in front desk
• At least 2 years work experience of manager duties
• You are able to coordinate staffing and payroll to conform with productivity and budgetary standards
• You have the knowledge of outdoor activities program
• You are a sales-minded person
• Fluent English skills, both written and spoken; other languages are considered an advantage
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs. Fidelio Suite 8 is required, Travius program knowledge is considered an advantage
• Ability to think clearly, to remain calm in all situations, and to spot and resolve problems efficiently
• International work experience
• Communication and leadership skills
• Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets
• Knowledge of multicultural environment
• Mastery in delegating multiple tasks
• ”Hands on” -attitude
• Must be able to prioritize and organize
We offer a great seasonal position in a truly international hospitality business in Lapland. Kakslauttanen employs about one hundred hospitality professionals each year. It grows steadily both by the facilities and services. This summer 2016 Kakslauttanen runs major development projects on their service concepts to offer even more experimental stays to their guests.
You will be part of the worlds most unique resort and together with other employees you will create the magic of Lapland. Accommodation will be provided. You will live in middle of Lapland wilderness and you are surrounded by the beauty of Finnish forests.
Apply via this link: https://careers.fi/opteam/add_application.cgi?job_id=1064&language=uk
For more information please contact Opteam Lapland; Antti Rotko firstname.lastname@example.org or tel.+358405611204, Anu Lempiäinen, email@example.com or tel. +358504474677
Please leave your call request via text message. All applications will be treated confidentially. Apply soon, because we will fill the position right after finding the suitable candidate.