Meyer Turku Yard in Finland together with Meyer Werft in Germany are world leading shipbuilding companies that manufacture complex high-class cruise-vessels for the world market. We would like to strengthen our organization for designing and implementing IT projects and services with a Head of IT department for the location in Turku. Meyer Turku IT provides high quality IT services for Meyer companies in Germany and Finland.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Leverage technology to support efficient and effective shipbuilding processes
• Develop, execute and enforce strategy for finish IT-unit
• Managerial accountability for Meyer Turku IT staff
• Create and enforce IT-architecture, -compliance and governance policies and procedures
• Accountability for successful execution of IT-projects in finish Meyer Companies, in particular Meyer Turku Yard
• Support continuous improvement of IT services
• Organize service design and transition for finish IT competencies
• Manage IT-service stakeholders and support demand management
• Control SLAs for IT-services and manage
• Support further development of ITIL processes that suit Meyer IT
• Strong leadership and managerial skills
• Master degree in informatics, information systems or business administration – or other comparable education background
• Proven and longstanding experience in IT operations
• Excellent knowledge of processes, governance rules and organizations in IT
• Strong analytic and conceptual abilities as well as good self-organization
• Excellent communication skills and fluent speaker in English and Finnish. Ability to speak and understand German is a plus
• Ability to work in a team and to foster intercultural collaboration
• Willingness to travel
• Exciting projects in shipbuilding (production and administration)
• Excellent training possibilities to keep your skills up-to-date
• Agile company culture, where tasks can be implemented quickly
• Motivated colleagues, agile working environment, open-minded workplace
Versatile tasks in a company with a unique product and outstanding processes await you. We support committed and motivated teams, because we know that we can only deliver our vessels when all hands work together. The IT team has the task to help business mastering digitalization in shipbuilding and contributes significantly to the Meyer’s ability to maintain its competitive advantage. Our agile company culture facilitates fast decision making and encourages innovation and teamwork.
If you are interested in the job submit your application. More information about the assignment will be given in the first interview round.
Fill your application form www.meyerturku.fi (Career/Job offers) by 28.5.2017.