|Responsible person(s) for the recruitment||Saku Tervaoja|
|City||Hyvinkää / Negotiable|
Konecranes is seeking dynamic Category Managers into Procurement team. Related Category Group is called ‘Electrics & Mechanics’ including several different categories like bearings, hydraulics or cables and power supply components.
It is essential for you to reach impactful targets set and implement strategic aims like supplier base consolidation. While consolidating, for certain categories you need to introduce new cost competitive suppliers to compete with present supplier base.
You will be responsible for working cross-functionally with business across Konecranes organization to understand business needs and opportunities, strategic imperatives and tactical ways to implement cost reduction together with all relevant stakeholders. In this position you will be reporting to Head of the Category Group.
Today categories are characterized by a large degree of fragmentation, a highly diverse portfolio of different types of components, and a large supplier base.
Creating Capable and Cost Efficient Supplier Base.
• Category Management for selected specific categories
• Reaching annual cost reduction targets
• Participating annual planning and budgeting
• Map stakeholders (BA) requirements within category
• Prepare and lead supplier negotiations and business meetings
• Communicate internally status and activities within categories
• Aim creating demand driven supply and constant material flow
• Driving supplier segmentation by initiating segmentation proposals
• Drive and participate the development of supplier agreements and contracts
• Participate development of procurement, especially sourcing related, operating procedures
• Create and maintain category tactical actions plans in order to reach category strategic targets
• Make sure we have sufficient quantity of cost reduction opportunities in pipeline to be verified
• Strongly consolidating current supplier base and allocate spend towards capable and cost competitive suppliers segmented to be strategic or preferred
• Ensure Supplier Agreements, in line with Konecranes standards, are in place for all approved, preferred and strategic suppliers.
• Act as a supplier manager and to be accountable for the relationship of selected suppliers
• Creating competitive advantage for Konecranes and mutually beneficial supplier relationships especially within categories where we foresee a risk for disruptions for supply.
• Facilitating and coordinating category stakeholder collaboration.
• Creating understanding of our suppliers, their industry, their commodities, their competition and in this way build our levers to be applied in well prepared negotiations and category strategies.
• Cooperate closely with Product Platform function and R&D.
• Participate make or buy analysis and decision making accordingly
• Identify new industrial operation capital efficiency opportunities for Konecranes Group
|What we expect from you||
To be successful in this position, you need to have
• Proven ability to convince people across the organization and understand business requirements
• You need to act in line with all Konecranes values, policies, quality system and other regulations
• Business acumen, experiences in sourcing and/or sales in supplier side in international company
• Knowledge of cultural differences and ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
• Demonstrated ability to effectively engage senior management and build relationships
• Ability to develop strategies and tactical plans in collaboration with stakeholders
• University level degree in Economics/Engineering or comparable competences
• Excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills
• Confidence in analyzing and evaluating large amount of data
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
• Willingness and ability to travel
• Ability to cope with pressure
|What we offer you||
We offer you a challenging position in a global business environment with many opportunities for personal growth and development. The opportunity to be part of global procurement organization and chance to contribute to the success of the organization. You will be working in an energetic and collaborative global team.
Additional information about this position and category responsibilities can be obtained from Saku Tervaoja, Director Electrical and Mechanical Components, mob. +358 585 8237
Please fill out your application by Dec. 5th, 2017 via the link below.