|Responsible person(s) for the recruitment||Hannu Lindfors|
As a Patent Engineer, you belong to the Konecranes Global Patent Management team, that is part of Konecranes Technologies function.
We at Konecranes Technologies are responsible for core lifting components and concepts used in innovative product designs, digital solutions that make our products smarter, and IT services that we use to run our harmonized and integrated business processes. The expertise of our people is wide; from IPR and Innovation Management, through Research, Design, Analytics and AI, to IT Service Management.
The Patent Management executes the practical patent filing, prosecution and administration in close co-operation with the Business Units and other groups of the Technologies Function. We focus on all aspects of IP generation and exploitation, ultimately targeting to boost Konecranes business.
Your main tasks include patentability assessment of new ideas, assisting in harvesting new inventions and driving the decision processes and patent prosecution. You will also analyze IP landscape in Konecranes business areas and train the Konecranes staff on patents and related issues. On top of everything - in accordance with the Konecranes Values - you actively contribute in developing our processes and ways of working.
Your daily work will be closely linked to Konecranes’ global development projects, where You will be working with many different stakeholders – including our innovative engineers, legal department, business management and external patent agencies.
The position is based in Konecranes HQ offices in Hyvinkää, Finland.
|What we expect from you||
• M.Sc. degree in engineering, e.g. in Physics, Electrical, Automation or Control Engineering, or other relevant degree
• At least a few years work experience as an IP Professional either in private practice, in industry or at the patents office
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Finnish and English, German and other languages would be a beneficial skill
• We value highly analytical and structured way of working. Thoroughness and paying attention even to smallest details is the name of the game. You should also be able to see the business behind the technology
• General communication skills and open attitude
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Persistence and energetic nature
• Practical experience in Electrical, Automation or Control Engineering, focused on industrial machines and their control systems would be beneficial
• Experience on IP management systems would be a credit for you.
|What we offer you||We offer a dynamic working environment and opportunities to develop your skills in a global company. Konecranes encourages innovation – both in our products and our processes.|
For more information, please contact Hannu Lindfors, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +358 20 427 2136 preferably on Tuesdays 13.00-14.00 (Finnish time).
Please apply by September 3rd, 2017 by filing your online application at www.konecranes.com/career.