|City||Andover and Mid South Area|
Konecranes is a world-leading lifting equipment manufacturer serving manufacturing and process industries, shipyards and harbors with productivity enhancing lifting solutions and services. We have all the resources, technologies and attitude to deliver our customer promise – Lifting Businesses™.
The business area of maintenance service offers service solutions and maintenance for all crane brands, for port equipment and machine tools. We are looking for experienced electrical engineers to join our existing field service team, who are involved in the repair, maintenance and service of our customers’ lifting equipment, service inspection contracts, refurbishment and modernisation projects, installation, testing and certification of overhead cranes and hoists
You will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs on electric overhead travelling cranes, trouble- shooting equipment malfunctions, consulting with customers on repair and safety related issues, generating sales leads during service call, and completing appropriate documentation.
|What we expect from you||
• You must be apprentice-trained or equivalent and fully conversant with electrical engineering disciplines
• Engineering experience: Electrical: 415v ac 3 phase motor contactor control circuits both squirrel cage and wound rotor. A good understanding of 110/48 volt relay and contactor circuits. Some frequency speed control device experience. Mechanical: Medium to large drive couplings, brakes and reduction gearboxes.
Knowledge of the above tasks and the associated risks when working at height.
• Experience with overhead cranes and hoists is preferred, full product training will be given
• Willingness to work rostered day shift [pattern) 5 days out of 7 ( 39 hours over 5 days) Scheduled weekend working will attract enhanced premiums. Working one weekend in every month.
• Good grasp of the English language (verbal and written)
• Strong interpersonal skills as there is extensive customer contact
• Proven commitment to safety
• You must be physically fit and able to work at heights
• Willingness to work extra hours
• Hold a current driving licence
• Possess a UK work permit
|What we offer you||Konecranes is committed to the personal development of all employees and can proudly confirm that these positions include a host of benefits. A Company van with satellite navigation, corporate clothing, laptop and mobile telephone are provided. An attractive remuneration/benefits package is offered including an attractive base salary (dependent upon skills and experience), you are paid from the moment you leave your home in the morning, regular paid overtime after the basic 39 hours, there is ample opportunity for overtime, on call rota, contributory pension, sales bonus scheme, life assurance scheme, specialized training on high quality products, provision of all equipment and PPE along with excellent company working practices and industry leading training programme.|
Applicants must live within the Andover or in the surrounding area. Interviews will be held in the Andover Branch.
Konecranes is a modern technology industry leader – join the success story. For further information please go to our website. www.konecranes.com
E-mail your CV to : email@example.com or telephone 01332 697760, if you have any queries.
If you do not have access to a computer please post your full CV stating current salary to Karen Winfield, HR Director, Konecranes UK Ltd, Head Office, Sills Road, Willow Farm Business Park, Castle Donington, Leics DE74 2US