|Responsible person(s) for the recruitment||Mats Åkesson|
We are looking for an experienced Senior Mechanical Designer with a burning interest in engineering and mechanics and a will to participate in the development of the next generation of world leading lifting equipment!
The machine design group in Konecranes Industrial Equipment, Product Platform and Development organization develops crane components and modules in international product development projects. We have a dynamic and dedicated mechanical design team with colleagues of different age and background. We use state-of-the-art design tools and are open to new methods and technologies.
The mechanical designer works in close co-operation with other experts in engineering, testing, sourcing and manufacturing. He/she is involved in for example pre-studies, creation of product specifications, design work, product test planning and follow-up, support for documentation, product configuration and manufacturing. The designer will also act as Chief Engineer in some of the projects.
Considerable effort is used for internal development of our work methods, processes and competences so that we can meet future challenges even better than today. You are expected to interact actively with your colleagues, share your skills and experience in order to enhance the capability of the team.
We use Siemens NX (CAD) and TC (PDM) in our daily design work.
|What we expect from you||
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechanical design or corresponding experience.
• We think you have at least 5 years relevant experience in the area.
• Extensive theoretical and practical experience in the area mechanical design. Previous experience from lifting equipment design is an advantage
• Creativity and the drive to generate new ideas and mechanical constructions
• Strength calculation skills.
• Knowledge of manufacturing methods. Experience from other engineering areas are also seen as beneficial.
• Capable to work individually as well as in group.
• Team player with positive attitude and a will to always perform
• Willingness to share knowledge for the best of the group
• Fluently spoken and written English. Further language skills are appreciated.
• Practical user experience of MS Office programs
• 3d cad experience, Siemens NX and TC skills is an advantage.
• Crane design experience is an advantage.
• SAP experience is an asset
|What we offer you||We offer you the possibility to join our dynamic group to develop innovative and world-leading lifting equipment with work tasks according to skills, experience and own interest. You have the possibility to develop yourself and your career in an international environment.|
|Additional information||For additional information, take contact to Mechanical Design Manager Mats Åkesson on phone +358 (0)20 427 2124 on Fridays 12:00-13:00. Applications should be directed through Konecranes homepage www.konecranes.fi until 31.7.2017.|