|Application period ends:||2016-10-27|
|Legal Unit||Ahlstrom Nonwovens LLC|
|Business Area / Global Function||Specialties|
|Reports to:||Customer Service Manager|
|Position description:||Manage the chain of sales support to Ahlstrom internal and external customers by providing and ensuring exceptional customer service and maximizing customer satisfaction. Maintain understanding of the customer’s needs and focus activities including, but not limited to, the order fulfillment process and pre/post sales and business support transactions.|
Manage domestic and/or international order fulfillment requirements to ensure timely and accurate product delivery with proper documentation.
Ensure customer master data, account profile information, and customer product information is up to date.
Receive, coordinate, and process all sales orders based on the customer’s requests (with accuracy and speed) Orders sourced from: email, phone, fax, EDI and other means.
Interface with other Ahlstrom plants and suppliers (domestic and international) for processing orders produced elsewhere.
Provide order status and resolve order inquiries.
Ensure accounts are in compliance with corporate credit policies.
Manage customs/logistics/delivery issues.
Manage receivables and past due amounts as required.
Serve as the customer’s advocate by understanding customer requirements/expectations and act as a liaison between the customer and business representatives including credit, supply chain, technical support, product management and sales.
Get information from supply chain to notify appropriate sales personnel and customers as necessary of over/short / early/late/ or other problems related to assigned account shipments.
Maintain close contact with the customer to ensure an exceptional customer experience including but not limited to: customer master information, detailed customer profiles, pricing/quote inquiries, dispute/claims resolution, product information and sample requests, invoicing, material returns and resolving complaints.
Direct responsibility to manage and oversee a portfolio of customers.
Essential Criteria & Qualifications:
• High School Diploma Required
• Minimum of 2 years customer service or sales support experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
• Proficient PC skills (including strong keyboarding skills)
• Mathematical competency for calculating pricing and converting units of measure
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written, including the ability to communicate
• Customer Service Oriented – outstanding communication and people skills; energetic and enthusiastic; takes
initiative to effectively anticipate the needs, handle the issues, and resolve the problems of internal and
external customers. Views complaints as opportunities; acts as a customer advocate building relationships and
long-term mutual benefit
• Performance focused – proactive self-starter biased to do things before being asked; attention to detail and
excellent organization skills; creative insight into problem-solving; able to multi-task, manage time and
balance multiple priorities. Able to work with minimal supervision
• Team oriented – actively promote a cooperative/positive team spirit and respect the diverse contributions of
teams, partners and networks; create and build value for the company and its stakeholders
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally (Infrequent – 1-2 times per year)
• Ability to speak, read and write English fluently
Desirable Criteria & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree (in sales and/or marketing) preferred
• Salesforce.com CRM experience preferred
• Order Plan or ERP experience preferred
• Import/Export experience preferred
• Experience in resource management or materials management
• Experience with customer negotiations
• Fluent reading/writing/speaking Spanish and/or Portuguese
For more information, please contact Marianne Levine at
(1) 860-654-8472 or