|Application period ends:||2018-08-30|
|Business Area / Global Function||Specialties|
|Location||Mount Holly Springs|
|Reports to:||Plant Manager, Paul Wheeler|
|Position description:||Provide supervisory leadership and direction for Butler Street converting activities, including Calenders, Rewinders, and Shipping and Receiving at the Butler Street facility. Maintain and improve safety, quality, productivity, and inventory management standards and performance.|
• Follow, support, develop and implement site safety practices as appropriate.
• Actively lead and/or co lead continuous management efforts.
• Supervise, train and assist operators and helpers in department to meet safety, quality, and production requirements.
• Ensure most efficient and effective use of manpower and machines.
• Analyze time losses in Carelmill and determine areas for improvements.
• Develop and know all manufacturing processes, instructions, ISO standards, quality procedures and safety, and assure employee compliance to them.
• Manage/approve time cards.
• Conduct regular safety awareness and training meetings. Conduct regular toolbox meetings and safety walks.
• Meet weekly with crews to discuss safety, quality and operations.
• Control costs.
• Enter and expedite work orders as required.
• Produce orders as received from customer service. Follow manufacturing schedule. Use professional judgment in response to situations that indicate changes in schedule are required to decrease waste or increase overall productivity.
• Initiate and lead efforts to improve safety, quality and productivity performance.
• Audit / review standards, production data and analyze performance. Regularly publish results.
• Conduct order flow and shipping audits
• Aid in the detection of errors with Carelmill and Alflow
• Perform root cause analysis and corrective actions.
• Attend weekly staff meetings and conduct order flow meetings daily/weekly as needed.
• Schedule shipping orders and manage late order reports
• Provide back-up assistance in Scheduler’s absence
• Inventory control, including cycle counts and physical inventory with Scheduling and Accounting.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s of Science or Associates in Paper Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering preferred. Or: 5+ years experience in paper manufacturing or related field
• Strong verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• On call availability, nights and weekends.
• Mechanical Aptitude.
• Intermediate level computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Ahlstrom’s inventory system.
• Excellent supervisory and leadership skills, including:
• Organization and planning – Anticipate current needs and future events in order to plan for both the short and long terms.
• Decision making.
• Leadership skills including direction, delegation, control, and follow up. Effectively train people and ascertain resulting skill level.
• Perception – Identify strengths and weaknesses in both systems and people and opportunities for improvement, primarily in sphere of influence, but including big picture (other departments, company overall).
• Adaptability – Modify plans and actions in light of changing circumstances.
• Interpersonal relations – Respond sensitively to the needs and feelings of others, regardless of their status. Contribute to positive team building within department and overall company.
• Oral and written communication: Use grammar and vocabulary properly. Publish concise reports / updates / communications.
• Personal integrity and exemplary attitude.
• Primary converting contact for Sales, Administration, and Accounting
• Union liaison, with Plant Manager and Human Resources
• Costing standards, with Accounting Manager or designee
• Assist in implementation of capital projects, with Engineer
• Training with Human Resources Manager and others.
• With Human Resources, discipline crews according to rules established in “Getting Along at Ahlstrom”.
• With Quality Assurance, meet quality goals and specifications. Meet ISO requirements.
• With Scheduling & Inventory Coordinator schedule orders for department.
• With Purchasing Coordinator, maintain raw material inventory and deliveries.
• Expedite orders, as requested, working with Customer Service.